New Elite Ti2 not connecting with 2d transducer

I'm helping a buddy of mine install a couple Elite Ti2 units on his boat that he picked up on sale in the fall. Have a AI 3 in 1 transducer on the transom with the 9" unit on the dash and it will read side scan and down scan but traditional 2d sonar screen is just blank with a bottom line and no depth reading at all- like I would expect if there was no transducer hooked up.
    I selected the 3 in 1 under he set-up transducer menu and find it strange the side scan would work but not regular 2d sonar.
    Never had any issues like this before with Lowrance units but very frustrating as it is a brand new unit and dealer is 3hrs away. Anyone have similar issues? or possible fix?

I had that issue yesterday, my second time out with my Ti2's. This was on my 12 inch off of the transom. I powered off and on several times and checked conections, then after checking the transducer setting with the RipaLip app it was working again.
    G3 HP180
    Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

3. Member
    Thanks, wasn't aware of the RipaLip app, out of curiosity was it just the transducer selection you had to go through again on the unit? I've done that close to a dozen times now with no luck.

4. Member
    Update on this issue, my buddy called Navico and was instructed to ship it to them to look at as it wasn't locking in the 2d sonar. Got it back today with note that it was tested on totalscan xdcer and all locked in, no faults. Trouble is it's a AI 3 in 1 transducer that he runs, could it be possible it works with the totalscan they tested but not on the AI?
    Or am I missing something and working on the totalscan is equivalent to the AI- so all should be good?
    Hard to get the boat out to test it again given our current covid restrictions up here and many ramps not open.