Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I'd spend the money elsewhere. This seems like throwing money away for not that much gain. Plus then you gotta sell the 8s - I'm doing this now having upgraded to Blades. Put the money towards a spot-lock TM if not already.
    I have an Ultrex on both boats, use it ALOT and love them.
    Not selling the 8's, plan is they will go on the Tracker in my sig along with the 4" Atlas off the Ranger.
    Just, like BassinPaPaw states, the 8"s seem to come up short to many times. Thus why the consideration to go to 10's.

Meanwhile, interested in the pro/con opinions.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

2. Member
    Garage door clearance would be my limiting factor. My 8's barely clear the door opening.............10's would get clobbered.

3. Member
    I just got the new boat. It has 10's instead of 8's. I keep mine at storage, so the clearance was not an issue, but I could see how it could be. They stick up much higher. However, if you have the room, the extra couple feet does help. Fished out of it 3 days in a row, and was glad I went 10's. But, some of the lakes I fish are 10' at the deepest, so I never have to spot lock. Saves trolling batteries and it's quieter once they're set. Glad I did it.

4. Member
    I have 10’s and I’m happy with them - garage door height is a factor though - keep the remote in the truck with me to lower a bit when in and out of the garage - hope I don’t forget some day !

5. Member
    I'm going with the tilt brackets, just in case.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12