2004 E200 FPLSRB water PSI location

Hi everyone.
    So i am the new owner of a 99 295 Pro Elite with a 2004 E200 on the back. this was an odd year (between the E-tec and Fitch) anyway. I have the repair manual but it doesnt mention anywhere for installing a water pressure sensor tube. the boat already have one in the dash and the tube runs to the motor but is not mounted. I dont know where it goes but the attached pic shows an open threaded port on the starboard side of the motor. I was hoping some knew what the hole is, if its for the psi gauge tube, and what size fitting if so. thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    This is the water pressure outlet. I had an adventure replacing it last year. The plastic elbow broke off flush then I damaged threads getting it out and had to tap it with a different thread for the brass fitting. Just be carefull and try using a compressor to blow to the gauge. My gauge was all clogged and had to be replaced
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 ChampioN 188 Elite
    2004 Evinrude 200 DI

3. Member
    your engine was called a DI not a ficht and not an etec like you said.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    so where does your lower port hose go (circled) mine goes to the back port your talking about.
    engine pic.jpg

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Striperaddict View Post
    This is the water pressure outlet. I had an adventure replacing it last year. The plastic elbow broke off flush then I damaged threads getting it out and had to tap it with a different thread for the brass fitting. Just be carefull and try using a compressor to blow to the gauge. My gauge was all clogged and had to be replaced
    thanks. can you see my above post, i quick replied by accident.

6. Member
    looks like you port was plugged or never rigged up for a gauge? can remove the plug and put a fitting on it to hook up the gauge
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    E200 port.jpge200 rear.jpge200 starboard.jpglookng for some understanding on where these go?

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Here is a novel concept, how about you purchase a service manual??

There are two locations for the fitting the back of the bubble back and the rear port side of the adapter plate. That's it. There are no threads on the starboard side adapter plate hole that you've posted. The large hoses cool the EMM.
    Last edited by ChampioNman; 04-13-2021 at 04:52 PM.

9. Member
    great idea, maybe your manual is different than mine (selco 18-01313) which doesnt show it on any of the models listed that i can find. do you happen to have a pic or diagram? i'm worried that some of the hoses are in the wrong location. the rear hole labeled (is this correct) does go to the EMM so thats good to know. the ones im worried about now are the one closest to the boat, which is threaded (pic 3). i cant find it in the manual, and the one at the rear of the motor (where V6 is)(pic 2) that one goes to the port side (pic 1) on striperaddicts post, his (V6) hose goes to his PSI gauge. any help is appreciated.

thanks
    Last edited by Sqrlnut; 04-13-2021 at 05:50 PM.

10. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Being this is the evinrude johnson forum ...I'm sure my friend is referring to the OEM manual....a LOT more info than the ,I think seloc manual, that you are referring to....we advocate oem parts and manuals always here. Mactlmans photos mirror the hose routing of my 03 250 and should yours....

11. Member
    I'm all for oem. The only manual I could locate at the time was the seloc. All the info seems the same so far and it seems noone reguardless of what manual they have can point out what the ports are on the adapter.....

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqrlnut View Post
    great idea, maybe your manual is different than mine (selco 18-01313) which doesnt show it on any of the models listed that i can find. do you happen to have a pic or diagram? i'm worried that some of the hoses are in the wrong location. the rear hole labeled (is this correct) does go to the EMM so thats good to know. the ones im worried about now are the one closest to the boat, which is threaded (pic 3). i cant find it in the manual, and the one at the rear of the motor (where V6 is)(pic 2) that one goes to the port side (pic 1) on striperaddicts post, his (V6) hose goes to his PSI gauge. any help is appreciated.

thanks
    Yep mine is a factory service manual part number 5006424

13. Member
    IMG_0125.jpg From the OEM service manual

14. Member
    Thank for the posts guys, I have the same pic in the manual I have. It still doesn't show the 4 tapped holes on the adapter plate or what they are for. Im concerned bc one of mine is not plugged and there is nothing leading to it. Does anyone know if the adapter plate builds pressure from the water flow? I'm wondering of the hole was for the water psi gauge but other pics I saw show the psi gauge coming from the back of the motor (not the adapter plate)
    Thanks

15. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    On the lower left side of the V in the V6 there should be an Allen head plug, It can also be tapped off of one of the back two Allen head set screws. Don't over think it. If there is no Allen head on the exhaust bubble then use one of the points on the adapter plate.

16. Member
    Is that the right answer, I was hoping so. It just doesn't seem like that adapter plate is under pressure for the gauge to work. But if that can be done im good with it. Does anyone what size fitting goes in there, I didn't see it in the book...thanks

17. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Remove the Allen head from either side of the plate and attach the cooling muffs and start the motor you'll see when and where the H20 comes out. Like I said it isn't rocket science.