Prop for Lowrance Ghost

I am considering replacing my Ultrex with a Ghost. The single largest concern I have at this point is the prop. From what I can ascertain, it appears the stock prop is not nearly as robust as the Ultrex prop. I fish stump infested waters and have a real concern about how well the prop will hold up running into stumps and laydowns. I would appreciate any users experience with the prop along these lines. Also, has anyone found a better aftermarket prop?

The prop is really soft in rocks, I think you'll be ok in wood. They do need to make a better prop,

3. Member
    No after market prop that I am aware of yet. The prop is soft in rocks as stated above. I carry two spares, so far I have had to replace just one and I could have used it for quite some more. Hopefully Lowrance will either upgrade or redesign the prop for better durability. That being said it wouldn't stop me from purchasing another Ghost if something happened to mine. Except for the prop it is a beast and easy to operate.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

4. Member
    Bass pro has them in stock.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FeFanatic View Post
    No after market prop that I am aware of yet. The prop is soft in rocks as stated above. I carry two spares, so far I have had to replace just one and I could have used it for quite some more. Hopefully Lowrance will either upgrade or redesign the prop for better durability. That being said it wouldn't stop me from purchasing another Ghost if something happened to mine. Except for the prop it is a beast and easy to operate.
    agree with this exactly
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

6. Member
    I have only had my Ghost out twice so far and haven't hit anything with the prop yet. I ordered a spare, but can you guys tell me what you mean when you say the prop is soft in rocks? Does it get dinged and bent up easy or is it brittle and pieces break off?

It dings up really easily, it's not brittle

8. Member
    That's good...I was afraid maybe it chipped or broke easily.

9. Member
    Yeah might need to treat the Ghost with a little more care than how I treated my old trusty MG Tour, lol. I also have a spare prop on the boat. But it seems like it’s just really soft and probably won’t chip so much. I’ll take that. Even though my tour props seemed sturdier, I can’t say I’ve ever chipped one. They just got dinged up and the leading edge was flattened/Dulled over time.

one thing for sure, the Ghost is as good as I was hoping it would be. It’s just a fantastic motor. Best fishing purchase I’ve made. Pedal feels a lot like my older Tour and spotlock completely makes fishing more productive and less stressful.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

I'm sure I fish the same stumpy waters you do. Agree it dings up easier, but so far so good.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team