Ok prop gurus, question???

Here's what I got....
    1. Yamaha VMAX series 25p T-1.
    2. Scorpion 24p
    3. 2015 ZX 250 Skeeter....250 SHO

Ok, the yamaha runs very well with just me at 74 and but is up against the maxed out at rpms at 2.5 below pad. It does not hold the load very well and does not.lift well at all...it needs cup added to get the nose up...I think it could be a very good prop with some cup added...

The scorpion runs 69-70 and 5700 on its best day but does hold this load very well in the wind and the current and will run 67 with with the nose high with a tournament load..it's a very good prop before I beached it on Wheeler yesterday...it could use some more speed..

Question is would it be better to go with a 23 scorpion instead of working the 24? Not sure if the 23 is going to push the 2000+lb Skeeter around any faster....as for the T-1, will adding cup to it allow it to hold the top end speed, cause it sucks it down about 8 mph under tournament load...it's a big difference...

What say you...?? And where can I find mark's price list???
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

2. Member
    I'm far from a prop guru but since no one has replied, I'll give it a shot...
    I've never ran a T1 but have used several Scorpions (S3). The S3s are very stiff in pitch. Your numbers indicate about 9% slip which is a little higher than the 4-7% I've observed. I've run the S3s all the way up to 2" above the pad and they never have excessive slip, even on hole shot at that height.
    The newest model has a few changes. It has a little longer barrel with a slight flare and a variable vent system with a rotating disk. The old models have a shorter straight barrel without a flare.
    Have you tried running the 24" S3 really high...like to the limit of your water pressure?
    I run a new style 23" S3, 75 mph @ 5900 rpm, 1.62 gears on a fish/ski with 3 people and lots of gear.
    Seems like a new style 23" with the slight flare would work well for you when running heavy.

I ran the old style for prolly 3 years I guess at I would figure nearly even prop to pad and it eventually cracked...it ran right at 68-70 and never above 5600-5700 rpms.. on its best day...started to burn just a bit and I lowered it...buddy's of mines busted on his boat and I got to looking ng at mine close and it was cracked in 3 spots behind each blade...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand