Rigging flippin tubes....?

Anyone ever try the Trokar flippin tube hook with tubes? If not, what success have you had, what size and brand do you flip with? Keep in mind I’m in FLorida. Big hook, big bait, big weight,

2. Member
    Trokar TK190 is the only hook I flip tubes with nowadays...Great hook for sure..snell knot works best for me

3. Member
    They have been around long before the hooks mentioned above. I've rigged them many ways look up some of the rigging options on bass sites, like Bassdozer, etc. There are, at least were, many makers which used different rigging.

4. Member
    For off the shelf tubes I too have been using the Trokar TK190 hook for flipping and pitching tubes. I started making my on baits last year, and have a craw body tube that I've been making that I can adjust the thickness of the tube end. I've been using Owner Wide Gap Plus hooks for those. I tried using the Owner hook on off the shelf baits, but their noses weren't thick enough to keep the bait secure over the hook eye.

I prefer to rig stupid tube style with my own modified mold and hook.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Trokar tube or stupid rig is all I use anymore.

7. Member
    For you guy’s using the Trojan Tube hook are you not put huge hole in fish and losing them as a result? I did, so now only use Trojan on long cast presentations.

8. Member
    Since Trokar hooks actually have cutting edges, they may cause larger holes to develop in a fish's mouth as you're fighting the fish. But with that said, I've also had fish hooked on needle point hooks that have large holes in their mouths as well. I think where the fish is hooked is what's going to determine how big of a hole is in a fish's mouth. Soft fleshy part of the mouth, bigger hole regardless of what kind of point the hook has on it

But yeah, I guess the cutting point of a Trokar hook could result in a bigger hole. I haven't really had a lot of problems losing fish with them though.

Oh, and as far as you only using them on long cast presentations goes ........... if the hook is making a bigger hole, fighting a fish for a longer period of time, like on a long cast presentation, is going to up the odds of the hook creating a big hole. More than likely the hook set isn't what's creating the big hole ...... it's fighting the fish or horsing it out of heavy cover.
    Last edited by Bassbme; 04-14-2021 at 05:38 PM.

9. Member
    Maybe.
    I believe the hole is created on short flip/pitch hook sets.

10. Member
    With tubes I've had my best luck with a 4/0 or 5/0 Owner Rigging hook. I use Lindy EZ tube weights but I don't think they make them any more, I've got a ton of them. Anyway I think they have something similar on TW. Just started using stupid tube heads last year and they work really well too.