Thread: Road Trip

Road Trip

Whats the furthest you have towed your boat and anything special you considered for the long haul?
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

2. Member
    Allison 2+2s are hard to find, especially if you don't like red. I pulled mine back to Va from Phoenix in July heat. I was very happy the trailer had new tires and oil bath hubs.

3. Member
    roughly 1000 miles one way, I keep up with my trailer maintenance so nothing out of the usual to consider
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

4. Member
    Winter Park, Florida to the West Arm of Lake Nipissing, Ontario Canada. I forget the mileage but it was a long drive. I was young and just took off like any other short trip. Nothing out of the ordinary, and I did the with a Bronco 2 and my Skeeter.

I just looked it up, 1,250 miles as the crow flys. So my guess would be 1,500 or more miles.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

5. Member
    Around 750 miles one way from my house to Rainy lake in Ontario. Carry grease gun, extra bearings, jack, assorted tools. Made the trip 25+ times, only issue was a flat tire one time,
    Joefish
    2007 Ranger 178DVS
    Evinrude ETEC 150

<*)}}}><

6. Member
    When I go on trips with my buddy, it is not uncommon for us to travel from OH to SE TX at least once a year. He is prepared for everything, I believe. One tool that he has is a non-contact infrared hand held thermometer. When we stop for gas/diesel, we typically walk around the truck and boat to look for secure contents, tires, lights, etc. Hitting the hubs with the laser and assessing the temperature could detect of head off a problem before it gets worse. An impact driver for quick flat repairs along busy highways is a very handy tool. Also, for that stubborn light fixture or wire connector that you need to work, but may be giving you fits, a packet or tube of dielectric grease can be handy.

7. mikesxpress
    I make trips to Erie and to Florida from Virginia along with 2 hour RT's locally. A boat trailer box stays in the back of the truck along with a Trailer-Aide drive on lift for my dual axle. Include all the tools to R&R an entire spindle/hub/brake assembly and a complete new spindle/hub/brake assembly with lube.

The odds of finding the correct replacement components for your trailer anywhere are slim to none. Even if you don't have the mechanical ability to conduct the repair you will have the parts for a shop to do it and get back on the road.