Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Caymas CX 20 After Break in

I will say this this CX20 is not a Ranger !!! Yep that's right, this boat gets on top of those choppy waves, using trim and jack plate she rides like a TRUE SPORTS CAR, theres no plowing threw the water you just simply get on top. Love the way it fishes, at my age and a whole lot top heavy these days i do have to use a bike seat any more but it sure does feel good setting up there and nice and stable fishing platform. The boxes are all plenty big, plenty of storage and these made at home seats are unreal comfortable. Its planes in about three seconds with fifty gallons of fuel on board, by myself at 250 and some tackle. The 24 Fury is absolutely perfect on my boat, i am getting some great speeds turning it about 6100rpms. Right now i am keeping those speeds under my hat because an X friend of mine is going to get a big surprise next time i catch him on the water. I will say this its over 75 mph but i have to play with that trim to get it where i really feel good about the handling, keeping in mind i have been running a Ranger for several years where you run them nose down.

If you are considering buying one go to your dealer and take a ride, i think you will be impressed. If you are in the five state area give HITEC OUTDOORS a call, they are a new dealer very completive in their pricing and outstanding service after the sale. Any more finding a honest dealership who treats you like a member of the family is kind of hard to find, these folks are like that, honest, sincere, in a family type atmosphere. If any one is in need of a demo ride be happy to give you one in a CX20 or in a CX 21 with Brandon Hunter.

2. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

3. Member
    I love your colors! My Ranger is red and grey, so I decided on the blue with thunder cloud on my CX21. I drove it back from Kansas this weekend, so I've only had it out once and still working through the break-in period. The lake was pretty flat yesterday, so I found a wake board boat running around and did some S turns through the wake. Wow! No pounding and the handling was amazing. Whoever described the ride as "buttery" was 100% correct. I've had three Rangers and none with a hydraulic jackplate, so I'm still figuring that out. Congratulations on your beautiful new Caymas.

4. Member
    Thanks, that is all good to hear. I am reading, and watching everything I can find on the Caymas CX20s. I did a tour of my personal top 5 boats (after lots and lots of research) about a month ago and numbered myself down to the CX20 and a distant second of a Phoenix 920 Elite ... with a boat ride coming at the end of the month to ensure I like the Caymas before ordering my first real deal performance bass boat.I just wanted to add I have been stalking your posts for quite a while as I find you to be a straight shooter and honest where most guys just say whatever they bought is the best in the world regardless of reality, so keep dropping updates on the boat so I can live through you til I can actually order and then have the boat here.

5. Member
    every boat you have posted pictures of over the years is a beauty !!!!
    Last edited by mactlman; 04-12-2021 at 06:33 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Just got a new to me used Triton a few months ago which is my fourth. Not sure how much I'm going to be able to use it with my 2nd rotator cuff surgery on my casting arm and I've already torn it again, but...if I was entertaining a newer boat I'm thinking it would be a caymus.
    Thanks for the feedback rangerless rod!

Are you required to be a former Ranger or Triton owner to purchase on of these? Seems like the same crowd owning a caymus now. That because of Earl?
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Are you required to be a former Ranger or Triton owner to purchase on of these? Seems like the same crowd owning a caymus now. That because of Earl?
    I was fishing out of a Skeeter before Caymas. They are just great looking boats with features and touches that some boats (phoenix) don't have.

I would assume as well that the Triton owners would gravitate to them because of Earl. They are a great looking boat in their own right, from the ones I have seen at the lake. They are getting a bunch of great reviews on Youtube as well.

10. Member

earl did stratos, javelin and hydrasport also??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

11. Member
    Rodney, what is your prop to pad measurement?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    Rodney, what is your prop to pad measurement?
    Lance, i havent even measured, will try to get that in the next day or so, i do know its number 4 on the Atlas gauge which don't mean a lot!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    good looking rig!
    I just sold my 2020 cx21 and ordered a CX20 I’m really excited about having a lot more speed.

14. Member
    Rodney, do you know which colors you have on this boat? I am getting ready to order and the build a boat page's color accuracy to real life ... well it isn't as good as the boat is and I'll just leave it at that.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjack_74 View Post
    Rodney, do you know which colors you have on this boat? I am getting ready to order and the build a boat page's color accuracy to real life ... well it isn't as good as the boat is and I'll just leave it at that.
    Candy Apple
    Tungsten
    Black Star pins

If you love this color i can give you the serial number to you and have your dealer tell Barry you want one just like this one.

16. Member
    Candy Apple
    Tungsten
    Black Star pins

If you love this color i can give you the serial number to you and have your dealer tell Barry you want one just like this one.
    Thanks a bunch, I haven't settled yet on what color scheme but am trying to get an idea of what colors look like in the real world, the build site colors are not quite right from what I can see. If I decide to copy your scheme I will jump back on here and get the number from you.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjack_74 View Post
    Thanks a bunch, I haven't settled yet on what color scheme but am trying to get an idea of what colors look like in the real world, the build site colors are not quite right from what I can see. If I decide to copy your scheme I will jump back on here and get the number from you.

18. Member
    Candy Apple
    Tungsten
    Black Star pins

I ordered the exact colors, just different arrangement, Candy Apple, Black Star, Tungsten pins.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I ordered the exact colors, just different arrangement, Candy Apple, Black Star, Tungsten pins.
    Those colors are just smooth in my opinion, they don't jump out and they aren't flat just smooth if that makes sense!

20. Member
    Those colors are just smooth in my opinion, they don't jump out and they aren't flat just smooth if that makes sense!
    I like smooth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast