Thread: Raptor Install

Raptor Install

Wanted to make a short post on my Raptor install.
    I have an 08 Ranger 520DVS Comanche with a 225 SHO.
    Make sure you read the instructions before you attempt an install. I did twice. My comprehension is a 0.
    On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the easiest, I rate this a 4. The only Reason I rate it a 4 is because of the pre install thinking that has to be done to figure out where to mount the Pump unit and where to route the hoses. this is easily a one man job.
    The bracket provided allows you to mount the pump housing in just about any location in the battery compartment. I strongly recommend you mount in a location that you can access the file cap of the pump hydraulic holding tank and access to the bypass system. Especially the bypass system. If you don't then you will have to carry and extra set of wrenches to remove the pump from the holding bracket to access the bypass system in case of an issue. The Holding tank can be rotated into any position, at 90 degree increments. Again, read the manual.
    The hoses are a bit of an issue, a little stiff, but they are necessary for the system to operate without ruptures of the hose. Just remember to make nice neat coils and store them out of harms way. The Raptor pole I feel is a little liter than the competitor. In case you are wondering it will fit on the competitor's bracket. I have a Jack plate bracket mounted to an Atlas 6" jack plate. I held the Raptor in the stowed position with tie wraps to make mounting easier.
    Power considerations are necessary. The Pump unit comes with it's own fuse. I installed my power down stream of the main power breaker so as to be able to power down the Raptor when I am between trips and when charging cranking battery. If you have no power breaker you will have to install a switch of some sort.
    Once everything was set I filled the Hydraulic tank with oil. Make sure that the Raptor is in the deployed position before you operate it to start. Instruction say that you have to run the pump up and down at least 10 time to prime the hoses. It took me a few more times for me. Make sure you refill the tank every time you preform an action. Up Refill, Down refill etc. until the tank stays at the full level.
    When the hose are all primed you will hear a different sound to the pump.
    When the Raptor is completely deployed or stowed the pump is a little bit nosier than the competitor, but it is nothing to be alarmed about.
    Pairing is simple, just follow the instructions. Check for updates through your phone and the Raptor app.
    I would personally say that this Raptor is much quitter than the Power Pole except for what I stated earlier.

Final thoughts.
    This is my option and mine only. You can make you own and leave here. Please leave derogatory comments elsewhere.
    This unit is what I would call a game changer. It is very smooth and is a very sturdy unit. I would recommend you look into it if you are looking for a good anchor system.
    If you have any questions or thoughts please list in comments. I can only answer question for install similar to mine.

2. Scraps
    I just upgraded to Blades. Toughest part of my install was figuring out where to route the hoses and where to poke through the transom. Thing to keep in mind is leaving access to anything else in the bilge, primarily the batteries. I didn't center mine or make them symmetric. Also how to route the hoses in the bilge. I ended up just running the lines around the outside of the bilge area instead of coiling them up with ty wraps. This makes them easy to move around in the bilge.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD