Thread: Wheel bearings

Wheel bearings

Trying to figure out the wheel bearings on a single axle Charger trailer that came with a 1996 195. I will be pulling the boat a lot this year and just want to go ahead and get them replaced so I don't have surprise issues that come up.

2. Member
    are they worn out ? couldn't you just grease them? mine have bearing buddies and I just check them every now and then, and add grease when needed..

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmorlock View Post
    are they worn out ? couldn't you just grease them? mine have bearing buddies and I just check them every now and then, and add grease when needed..
    I don't know how long the boat and trailer have sat or what kind of shape they are really in. For me this is an issue I have experienced with other trailers and do not want to chance it with some of the trips I have coming up.

4. Member
    Good Idea.. Charger should be able to tell you. they are very helpful. 573-765-3265 or 573-765-5648.. They have helped me a few times.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The part number for bearings are on the bearings

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    The part number for bearings are on the bearings
    This^^^^^

Couldn't tell you anything about bearings other than I have mine done every spring at a local tire shop. Just added it to my spring ritual of boat maintenance haven't had a trailer problem in years.

7. Member
    Alright... I finally got time today to get everything pulled apart. It appears I am going to have to redo the complete drum break system as well. I saw something I wasn't expecting to see when I started pulling everything apart. The spindle actually has a grease zerk but the grease and bearings are toast. Now to find the bearings clean everything up and start putting stuff back together. Thank you all for all the help once again!

8. Member
    Got mine at etrailer

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Got mine at etrailer
    I bought some stuff from them, but my bearings are Timken's. I bought the full brake shoe set up from etrailer, and the premade brake line tubing kit. I am having to end up replacing the full A-60 slide in surge brake assembly as well. When I get done with this portion of stuff the axle and jack will be the only things I have not replaced.