Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Green River Lake Lodging

Good Afternoon, I am looking for some recommendations on where to stay when fishing GRL, a place with good parking and the ability to charge my batteries.
    Thank you all for your help

the floating cabins are the nicest things i have stayed at down there. they aint cheap but not too bad if you split it with a couple other folks.
    Ranger Forever

How about recommendations on where not to stay...

Luck Vista in Campbellsville has scab hookers and the meth is low grade quality. The last shooting they had only resulted in a trip to the ER but they have had shootings that resulted in a trip to the morgue. Plus they have been know to have an occasional stabbing. I drive buy there daily and see out of town boats stacked in there at times. I just shake my head and think if they only knew what activity went on at that place.

As for the mention of the floating cabins at the State Park, yes they are nice but the people who own/run them can be difficult if the story(s) I was told are true.

accidently shot in the head ...https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Ca...-the-head.html

I think this shooting happen March 25 2021...https://wvlc.com/local-news-blog/562004

Not all people like to use guns. Some still go for a good old fashion stabbing... https://www.cknj.com/content/slashin...nt-lucky-vista

need some drugs...https://www.kcountry1057.com/2020/06...n-local-motel/

Like I said if you want a scab whore, hit of meth and the possibility of getting shot or stabbed along with excellent boat parking and electrical hook ups then just ask your self if your feeling lucky and book a room at the Luck Vista I can't provide news links on the bad reports of the floating cabins but I have been told stories that would make me not want to use their services.
    Last edited by JR19; 04-08-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Dang Gene, just come out and say what you really mean,
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

Quote Originally Posted by Coach185 View Post
    Dang Gene, just come out and say what you really mean,
    Okay best to go somewhere else.

Thanks for the info on green. I was considering the floating cabins when the grandkids are here this summer, but with your insight I think I'll stick to trailering for each day.
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

7. Member
    Check out Holmes Bend Marina and Resort. Great place.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Alverson View Post
    Check out Holmes Bend Marina and Resort. Great place.
    ^this...I have known Kelly since high school and Joey ever since he married Kelly which has been 30+years. They took over the marina after Kelly's dad retired and soon after that the place exploded with growth. In the last 15 or so years they have added multiple cabins, a lodge and have a large and small private camp ground just a short distance before you reach the lake. The large camp ground is currently getting another expansion making it even bigger. If they were not a good host they would not be seeing the growth they have had in the last 15 years. I have never heard anything bad about the accommodations or the people who run Holmes Bend.

9. Member
    Theres also a Holiday Inn here in Campbellsville but its next door to the rehab joint so im not sure how id feel about leaving my boat parked out there. For peak months the floating cabins can book up a year or so in advance so dont bank of being able to call em up the week before you come and get one. Couple motels on the other end of town i know a lot of guys have stayed at and ive never heard of anything bad happening. Just like any town we have junkies and punks walkin around so a theft could be possible at anytime. Im hoping the fishing this spring isnt a sign of the lake taking a down turn. Been the toughest march/april i can remember. Started to finally be a few caught but usually when its in the bushes its light out. Not so much this year
    They aint got hands, set the hook

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Im hoping the fishing this spring isnt a sign of the lake taking a down turn. Been the toughest march/april i can remember. Started to finally be a few caught but usually when its in the bushes its light out. Not so much this year
    Interesting comment...these said fish catches that have just started did they involve a crank phone, hand grenades or dynamite. Taylor County Tourism and Columbia Chamber of Commerce were smiling big while the natural resource was being raped. Heck the local bass club is trying to get more than 100 boats for the Clay Dryer event. Imagine what a cluster F that will be

Oh, the signs have been there for a few years. Look past the weight of 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th. There will typically always be one team or possibly a few teams that will find them. To truly see how the lake is fishing overall for the entire field a person should look at the total number of limits and how much weight there is mid pack. That is the true indicator of how well a lake is fishing. I may very well be wrong on that statement and if I am I will admit it. Its going to be hard to convince me the signs have not been there for a while based on the results I see posted from top to bottom from spring all the way though fall. Just like my posting of links to support my Luck Vista opinion I can turn to GRBC, USA and Renegade (*when Renegade was 5 fish limit*) to support my lack of limits and weights dropping off statement. On a side note I do hear the white bass bite has picked up and yes I have been accused of wearing a tin foil hat.

FYI nothing personal towards you Stephen as well as any of the local clubs. I am passionate about fishing Green and I dislike that it is going to the dumpster but that is what's currently happening. Its already too late to say its might be a sign of it going down hill when that ship has already sailed.
    Last edited by JR19; 04-11-2021 at 01:55 AM.

1. We fished green friday and went over to holmes bend for a burger. It was really good

2. Yes, i actually fished for once in about 3 years

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    1. We fished green friday and went over to holmes bend for a burger. It was really good

2. Yes, i actually fished for once in about 3 years
    Well its about time...lol
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

13. Member
    Emerald Isle condos. Clean good parking and easy ramp thats not packed. I believe you get a slip with condo rental and they arent expensive.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Interesting comment...these said fish catches that have just started did they involve a crank phone, hand grenades or dynamite. Taylor County Tourism and Columbia Chamber of Commerce were smiling big while the natural resource was being raped. Heck the local bass club is trying to get more than 100 boats for the Clay Dryer event. Imagine what a cluster F that will be

Oh, the signs have been there for a few years. Look past the weight of 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th. There will typically always be one team or possibly a few teams that will find them. To truly see how the lake is fishing overall for the entire field a person should look at the total number of limits and how much weight there is mid pack. That is the true indicator of how well a lake is fishing. I may very well be wrong on that statement and if I am I will admit it. Its going to be hard to convince me the signs have not been there for a while based on the results I see posted from top to bottom from spring all the way though fall. Just like my posting of links to support my Luck Vista opinion I can turn to GRBC, USA and Renegade (*when Renegade was 5 fish limit*) to support my lack of limits and weights dropping off statement. On a side note I do hear the white bass bite has picked up and yes I have been accused of wearing a tin foil hat.

FYI nothing personal towards you Stephen as well as any of the local clubs. I am passionate about fishing Green and I dislike that it is going to the dumpster but that is what's currently happening. Its already too late to say its might be a sign of it going down hill when that ship has already sailed.
    What you are seeing at Green is the result of way to many tournaments for the resource and the other even more destructive factor of social media... Bookface groups being a main offender!!! More often than not these bookface groups are started and run by outsiders which bring more and more people in on the locals. While everyone has the right to fish public waters these crowds are brought in artificially by tournaments and/or social media. Ive heard of the most confrontations this year on the water than i ever have before and this problem will only continue to get worse! The thing that baffles me is why are all these folks are traveling to our lakes??? Have they already depleted and destroyed their home lakes???
    Last edited by nightbasser; 04-17-2021 at 02:21 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    What you are seeing at Green is the result of way to many tournaments for the resource and the other even more destructive factor of social media... Bookface groups being a main offender!!! More often than not these bookface groups are started and run by outsiders which bring more and more people in on the locals. While everyone has the right to fish public waters these crowds are brought in artificially by tournaments and/or social media. Ive heard of the most confrontations this year on the water than i ever have before and this problem will only continue to get worse! The thing that baffles me is why are all these folks are traveling to our lakes??? Have they already depleted and destroyed their home lakes???
    Oh hell yes the social media whores are a factor in the raping but I also lay blame on KDFW for the stocking of white bass a few years ago. The resource can not sustain a healthy population of white bass and black bass. Numbers, past history and statics don't lie. Soon after the lake was impounded it was game on for black bass in the mid to late 70's. They stocked whites and the next thing you know in the 90's and early 2000's the lake struggled with black bass. Then for some odd reason the whites died out and the black bass became more prevalent and a lot more healthy. This is when social media became popular so the word spread like wildfire and people stood in line at ramps. Well now that the white bass population is as big as I have seen in a long time the black bass is drooping back off but the presence of social media is still strong with the hey look at me and look at what I just caught crowd.

It’s a cycle, you’ll have your lake to yourselves again sooner or later. Kentucky lake is coming back and barren will follow sometime and then you won’t have to worry about people staying in campbellsville and posting pictures of the big bass they caught on your beautiful lake. Look on the bright side.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

17. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by besnyde View Post
    It’s a cycle, you’ll have your lake to yourselves again sooner or later. Kentucky lake is coming back and barren will follow sometime and then you won’t have to worry about people staying in campbellsville and posting pictures of the big bass they caught on your beautiful lake. Look on the bright side.
    I agree 100% that lakes come and go in cycles. You do bring up a good point because from what I have been told KY Lake is indeed on the come back. Reports I am getting is the 2016 spawn on KY and Barkley were excellent and its starting to show with a good year class of 15"+ fish.

I will also add that sometimes my post may seem harsh or look like I am on rant saying get off my lawn when in reality I am actually a humble person. Often times my passion gets confused as being a harsh person when that is not really my intent. I simply don't sugar coat things. I call it as I see it and if I my opinion offends someone it was not my intent. The lake has been on a downward trend for a couple years. Some don't believe my theory of white bass and I respect their opinion but until the data and real numbers proves otherwise my opinion is Green is currently crashing. I also want to be very clear that white bass is not the only issue. Taylor County Tourism, Columbia Chamber of Commerce and various other organizations, clubs and event hoist are taking small chips away at the natural resource...and no I don't own the lake. The only stake I have is a fishing license that says I can fish it but that don't mean I can't be passionate about protecting a natural resource when others seem to want to exploit it.

18. Member
    It’s packed everywhere- fish will change— suspend more, bite lighter and be generally tuffer to catch. Way I sees it- options : 1) build your own lake or private pond; 2) wait till recession and a lot of guys won’t be able to afford gas/boat; or the most likely option -3) get over it. Dale for example is getting absolutely killed - likes of which never seen before. But if I roll up on a honey hole and there is3-4 boats on it- go to next one. You might say what if your on one and 3-4 boats roll in on you- as happens now given lack of boater etiquette- refer back to 3 and get over it

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    It’s packed everywhere- fish will change— suspend more, bite lighter and be generally tuffer to catch. Way I sees it- options : 1) build your own lake or private pond; 2) wait till recession and a lot of guys won’t be able to afford gas/boat; or the most likely option -3) get over it. Dale for example is getting absolutely killed - likes of which never seen before. But if I roll up on a honey hole and there is3-4 boats on it- go to next one. You might say what if your on one and 3-4 boats roll in on you- as happens now given lack of boater etiquette- refer back to 3 and get over it
    Most of it due to social media and wanna be social media heroes.... See several posting they are selling everything and getting out... This grow the sport krap organized and pushed by manufactures in the fishing industry is stabbing the very ones that made the sport right in the back
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

20. Member
    Has the bite gotten any better since the lake came back down? Figured with the water back down the fish might settle into a better pattern
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast