2009 Champion value

Just found a 2009 CX 183 with a 2009 mercury 150 2 stroke. I would say a little better than average condition. Dual console, single axle, 36 volt motorguide trolling motor.
    So, ball park, what's it worth?
    thanks for any info.

2. Banned
    Right now I'd say high NADA RETAIL.

3. Banned
    Guys on FB are paying what the boat cost new, damn near. Seen some insane prices being asked for 20 year old boats. My ballpark says that boats worth $20k-$25k max. Everyone else’s ballpark will say more. Insane used market now.

4. Member
    So 16k asking price is not that far out of line. The boat is in decent shape, kinda dirty, carpet and seats are dirty but no rips or tears. I used to tournament fish and owned several new Champions over the last 30 years. Always top of the line biggest and best Champs. Last owned a 210 elite I now wish I had never sold. After champions went out I fished out of Phoenix. Anyways I quit fishing tournaments a couple years ago and recently found this smaller rig and am seriously considering buying it and just fun fishing by myself and occasionally my grandchildren. I don't care about going fast, just want a good boat and I really miss my Champs.
    I am sure I will go overboard and repower with a 4 stroke and all new trolling motor, the transom seems really solid. I just want opinions from Champ owners, pitfalls, whatever.

Thanks

5. Banned
    I say at $16k he hasn’t kept up with the insanity of what people are now paying. If it’s in good shape, it sounds like a good deal. But one never knows what the previous owner could be hiding and people sure do hide some stuff! I wouldn’t repower it or you’ll be way upside down. If the 2 stroke is trashed, then it’s definitely not worth $16k.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjetx1 View Post
    So 16k asking price is not that far out of line. The boat is in decent shape, kinda dirty, carpet and seats are dirty but no rips or tears. I used to tournament fish and owned several new Champions over the last 30 years. Always top of the line biggest and best Champs. Last owned a 210 elite I now wish I had never sold. After champions went out I fished out of Phoenix. Anyways I quit fishing tournaments a couple years ago and recently found this smaller rig and am seriously considering buying it and just fun fishing by myself and occasionally my grandchildren. I don't care about going fast, just want a good boat and I really miss my Champs.
    I am sure I will go overboard and repower with a 4 stroke and all new trolling motor, the transom seems really solid. I just want opinions from Champ owners, pitfalls, whatever.

Thanks

From what I have seen on the Champion For Sale group on FB that is a pretty good deal if the transom and motor are solid.

7. Member
    2 year old thread.

8. Member
    Oops, Nevermind.
    Last edited by toofy; 12-09-2023 at 10:07 PM.