wet storage box question on 2017 175 TXW

I recently got a 175 TXW and took it to the water this weekend. I’ve had it out a couple times for a few hours playing with the electronics and everything was fine. This time I was learning the live well and pulled the plug in the bottom to drain the water. I didn’t pull the boat plug when I trailered it. I see today the port storage box is wet but not the starboard one. Just wondering if a little water in the bottom of the boat can get to the storage boxes carpet or should I look for something else? It was a clear day and boat has been garaged so no chance of water from above.

2. Banned
    Cold water and warm air condensation would be my bet. I have to prop open my box lids when not on the water to keep mine dry.

3. Member
    I’m in Iowa, there was no humidity and it wasn’t hot but the water was 49 —50

4. Member
    Was this the port storage on the front deck?
    If so, mine was wet a few times when I returned from fishing, but I think it was from gear that got wet that I stowed before drying it out.
    But if you pulled the livewell plug and not the bilge drain plug and did not use the livewell pump out.. then that water may have been swishing around underneath which could come up your storage drain holes.

5. Banned
    Livewell has a hose going to the transom it shouldn't drain into the hull.

If your randomly getting water inside the hull please please please tell me where it is leaking in from. I have been chasing a random leak for months now. Getting ready to pull my motor and reseal the bolts if I get a weekend off.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Livewell has a hose going to the transom it shouldn't drain into the hull.

If your randomly getting water inside the hull please please please tell me where it is leaking in from. I have been chasing a random leak for months now. Getting ready to pull my motor and reseal the bolts if I get a weekend off.
    Check the livewell fill pump housing. Mine started to get water in the bilge. Left it tied down on trailer and backed in far enough for the screen to be underwater. Lifted the access lid and could see water coming in at the housing. Replaced the pump and housing assembly and it fixed it.