Replacing the throttle assembly - Any suggestions?

Looking to replace the throttle assembly on my '95 Cajun, its seen better days and time for a new one. Anything I need to know about when looking for a replacement? If this helps, it has a Johnson 150 Fast Strike outboard

Thanks.

2. Member
    Are you talking about the remote control with the throttle and shift control?

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

3. Member
    Sorry for the confusion, I am referring to the side mount throttle/trim assembly at the drivers seat. Every is lose, worn out and clunky feeling and would like to replace with a newer unit if that is possible.

4. Member
    I was looking at replacing mine too but decide to just leave well enough alone. Mine is still working good. They don't make the control you have anymore, new model in 1996. In order to replace it with the new model flush side mount control, you need to buy the control, new cables and an adapter cable to fit the 1995 engine if your engine has the large red plug at the engine for the control wiring?

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

5. Member
    Sorry for the slow reply, just found the red plug you were referring to and confirmed that is what I have. After searching my motor model it appears as I have a '93 Fast Strike 150 on this '95 model year boat. Not sure if that makes a difference. Here is a pic of the side mount. 20210409_224815.jpg
    Last edited by Usafexplorer; 04-10-2021 at 09:38 AM.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    That's going to be part of your outboard. If that is a Force or Chrysler, you may be out of luck. If it's Merc or OMC, I'd go to that forum for compatible suggestions.