195vs 200efi prop suggestions

Ok i may have asked this awhile back but ot was before i got the motor right.
    12"bobs machine jackplate(dont ask me why 12 it was on boat when i got it).2003 merc efi.
    Now i had a 25 3 blade tempst it would only do like 5400 rpm and 55 mph one person loaded gear.

While my hole shot is great i would like more top speed.
    Guy who works on my motor put a 21p that was worked i guess closer to a 23 it was a Tempest? Not 100% on that anyway will do 61 with same person same gear but rpm gauge goes all crazy so do not know forsure on rpm as i havent got my smart craft hooked up to the nmeA yet.

Now my motor has been gone into and obviously some work done as i have 150 psi in all Cylinders i was very suprised i was thinking i should be getting closer to 65mph out of this boat
    Anyone know any common
    Props ran on this boat?
    I have a 24p 4 blade fury i believe? i almost thought about trying.
    I figured someone would know the perfect prop since the merc 200 is a common motor on this boat.

2. Member
    Actually the extra 4 blade i have is a trophy 24p
    And the one on it now is a worked is a laser ll

3. Member
    I have a 487 which is probably close to yours. I had a 200efi on it with a 25 trophy large hub would run about 60 with 2 people on a good day 58 or so normal. About 5300 rpm’s. When it went south put a 200 vmax ox66 on it. Had trophy worked to a 24. Also run a 24 vmax sho non vented both props turn 5400 at 63 on a good day. The Yamaha is a little stronger at 3.1l. I would think 60 is a good number. Croxton told me a tempest is best for my boat. Since you have a fury try it. You could also send that tempest to mark and give him all your numbers. Probably could fix you up. After everything I think my 4 blade is the better of the two. Hole shot is good on either

4. Member
    i have a trophy 23p 4 blade i am thinking i may try that and see what happens

i dont have any other props just trophy 4 blade and the worked 21
    i had a 25p tempest
    your only getting 5400 rpm thats low to me you have speed to be gained if you turned 5800 you would be doing several mph faster guys are getting 65 to 70 out of my boat with my motor
    so i know its there heck we got 61 with the prop on it now light load 6000 rpm so i just want to play with it abit

5. Member
    Remember turning a smaller pitch prop faster may or may not be faster. If you could turn your 25 faster sure it should be faster. My testing one turned more rpm but speed was about the same. All you can do is try it first. I believe your engine rpms is 5000 to 5600 max so your in the right range. What is your ptp

6. Member
    No 5800 is where it says my engine should be plate says 5850 but mecury tech, and whoever at mecury i talked to said about 5800 is where i want to be.

My ptp is 4.75" everything all the way down

7. Member
    Sounds low on ptp. Think around 3.5 would be a good start