Thread: Lake Anna

Lake Anna

Have the crappie and bass started spawning on Anna yet and what’s the water temps showing. Headed down in a couple days and wanted to see how the bite is.

2. Member
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    yes
    Main lake or hot side?
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    I was out on Lake Anna yesterday. Valentines was 57.6 degrees, with some good plankton green to the water. Fish are still prespawn. Terry's run was 57 degrees and very much pre-spawn and the water was pretty dirty. I don't fish for crappy, but they are schooled up big time based on my electronics and getting closer to spawn. I checked some of the traditional spawning coves and didn't find them, and the tell tale is that I was not catching a any bucks, rather pre-spawn females. I know a person who won a Tx on Saturday, and he was fishing a 3/4 spinnerbait slow rolling it in 10-20 foot of water around the 208 bridge (over 20lbs) I don't have access to the hot side, but according to the website, pool 1 is 72 and pool 3 is 65, and intake at the plant is 55. https://www.dominionenergy.com/proje...tment-facility
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

5. Member
    It’s possible a few may have on the moon at end of March, but it would be limited. Crappie mostly in 10-15 ft. If we can avoid any major temp swings, the next 2 weeks should lead up to the major wave of bass spawning down and up lake. Mid lake is a little cooler and we may see a little delay.
    Of course the rain will get here just in time to make it a wet weekend.