Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Lake Ontario/St Lawrence River water levels are still very low. Many local marinas are only using about 25% to less than 50% of their docks. It's not looking good for the bass season opening weekend.

2. Member
    We fished port bay last mid October.. same water was 2-3 ft low....

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre Fan View Post
    Lake Ontario/St Lawrence River water levels are still very low. Many local marinas are only using about 25% to less than 50% of their docks. It's not looking good for the bass season opening weekend.
    Is the Chaumont state launch even usable? I saw a pic earlier this spring and it didn't look like you could even launch a boat.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

4. Member
    This is a pic I took at the Chaumont launch May 28th. I don't think the water has come up since I took this pic

PXL_20210528_152022872.jpg

5. Member
    Went to little sodus today in fair Haven and the muffler of my durango had to be in the water to get the boat on/off the trailer. Guys with trucks won’t have an issue but you have to back in about 10’ rather than normal
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    This is a pic I took at the Chaumont launch May 28th. I don't think the water has come up since I took this pic

You better have 4WD so you can give your tires a bath.

7. Member
    Heading up on 6/18 for a few days. All this chatter has me concerned from a fish catching standpoint too. Does anyone think the low water level will impact the fishing?
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaprod71 View Post
    Heading up on 6/18 for a few days. All this chatter has me concerned from a fish catching standpoint too. Does anyone think the low water level will impact the fishing?
    it all depends where you plan on fishing, since lot of the bays are couple feets low, so you will need to fish islands with deep drop offs coming out of a flat. I can tell you that weeds are having a field day with sun and heat. My in laws just came home from our place in Blind bay near Chippewa bay, and my Godson went up to see if grandpa wanted to put the dock in, but he didn't bother since can't even put in the 16' tin boat with a 9.9 hp let alone the big 21' Penn Yan.
    Wife and family going back up 16-20, but I am not even going to bring my Cobra up til I can launch safely.

9. Member
    I will add too that the fishing has been off for me this year and the weeds are either non existent or completely full. Typically on Little sodus bay were getting 15-20 bass a trip, we caught 6 yesterday. With the heat and low water the weeds are already almost at mid summer level. Extremely defined weedlines in 4’-8’ of water but couldn’t buy a bite fishing the inside and outside. I think this low water, early heat, and last years fishing pressure is really impacting the lakes.

I’ve been out 4 times this year and caught 20 fish. It’s the worst spring I’ve ever had
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

10. Member

Yeah that is quite low!
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I will add too that the fishing has been off for me this year and the weeds are either non existent or completely full. Typically on Little sodus bay were getting 15-20 bass a trip, we caught 6 yesterday. With the heat and low water the weeds are already almost at mid summer level. Extremely defined weedlines in 4’-8’ of water but couldn’t buy a bite fishing the inside and outside. I think this low water, early heat, and last years fishing pressure is really impacting the lakes.

I’ve been out 4 times this year and caught 20 fish. It’s the worst spring I’ve ever had
    It's been very hit or miss for me this spring. I either do very well or struggle to catch 5. Most years "only" catching 10 is a bad day in the spring. The weird thing is I've been seeing very few fish up shallow, even minnows. I have my doubts that most of the fish have actually spawned. I think a lot of fish pulled up to spawn but pulled back. One trip water temps were 60. I heard they were up in the 70s the next week. 2 weeks later I went fishing again the water temps were 60 again. Now that the air temps have finally stabilized hopefully the fishing improves.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

12. Member
    It seems like all fish species are affected by this freaky spring. The salmon bite has been slow on Lake Ontario, and so has the walleye and perch bite. The IJC drained too much water from Lake Ontario and the St Lawrence River this past winter, which might have negatively impacted the spawning areas.

13. Member
    Well, here we are mid June, and these are at Blind Bay so read same at Chippewa Bay and pretty much the whole river. First one is Blind bay marina, and yes that is light under the dock at the shore. The second is were our dock should be, but you can see the bottom in about a foot of water. Guess not bringing up the boat was a good idea, since both launches I would need to drive my truck to the axles at very least. Definitely a WTF moment.
    KIMG10721~2.jpg KIMG10751~2.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12