Thread: Moving the Boat

Moving the Boat

We’re looking at buying a Class A and hit the highway to see some more of this great country. The wife and I are going to retire this year and travel.

Part of the plan is to visit some of those lakes I’ve always wanted to fish and didn’t have the time working and raising the kids. We’re planning to travel and fish some areas for several weeks at a time.

My dilemma is towing the boat. It’s not going to be practical to launch the boat with the RV every time I want to go fishing. I’m thinking I could rent a pick up from Enterprise and use it for local travel, boat launching, etc. Not sure I’ll be able to get something like that at all the places we’re going.

Anybody got any suggestions?

DB

2. Member
    Double stack trailer or skip the class A and get a truck camper.

3. Member
    Tow a vehicle behind your RV and hook a boat to it.

Consider leaving the boat in the water while you are there.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    You are going to want a 2nd vehicle anyway. Breaking camp with the class A to get groceries, go out to eat, sightseeing, etc is going to get old very quickly. Get a tow vehicle for the boat and accept that you are going to caravan from campsite to campsite.

6. Member
    I think the truck camper is best solution. Drop camper at site and have truck available for trips to town and launching the boat.

7. Member
    I checked into a stackable trailer but no one makes them anymore. The ones used for cars
    is not wide enough for my boat. I have a 40’ Motorhome and when I take the boat I’m
    planning on renting a truck. Stackable like Alton Jones has would be nice but no one
    wants to build one. Good luck

8. Member
    I have had class c's for 20 years pulled 20',19' and 16' bass boats for thousands of miles in dozens of states. Never had an issue. 8 years ago we went backwards in size and year . We now use a 23' with a 16' Lowe. All were easy to tow easy to launch.