Thread: NWA

NWA

Just got back from the NWA area, Rogers Bentonville to be exact. Is it really as nice of an area as it appears to be? I’ve heard rumors about it. But being there put it all into prospective. I only had few days to visit. Just wondering if there’s something I’m missing, if not I may be looking to relocate lol.

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    It's pretty nice, almost as nice as the Hot Springs, Benton, Bryant and Little Rock area only without all of our lakes.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

It is what you see, traffic is getting to be a problem IMO and we're seeing explosive growth, but still a nice area to live.

4. Member
    Awesome thank y’all for the reply’s. We are seriously considering it. The area we are in now has just gone to the dumps.

5. Member
    I'm in Fayetteville and we love it up here. Quillback, I always laugh when people mention traffic up here. I've lived in New Orleans and Memphis so to me it's all about what you're used to. Is traffic getting worse, yep, but it still doesn't compare to the big cities.

Quote Originally Posted by WPS456 View Post
    I'm in Fayetteville and we love it up here. Quillback, I always laugh when people mention traffic up here. I've lived in New Orleans and Memphis so to me it's all about what you're used to. Is traffic getting worse, yep, but it still doesn't compare to the big cities.
    Yeah man, I have lived in Boston and Seattle, traveled a lot to CA and for sure the traffic isn't bad compared to there, but compared to what it was 10-20 years ago it is much worse around here. I am hoping that when the Bella Vista bypass gets completed it moves that I-49 traffic off of 71, couple of miles of backed up traffic every day on 71 now, even during off hours.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Yeah man, I have lived in Boston and Seattle, traveled a lot to CA and for sure the traffic isn't bad compared to there, but compared to what it was 10-20 years ago it is much worse around here. I am hoping that when the Bella Vista bypass gets completed it moves that I-49 traffic off of 71, couple of miles of backed up traffic every day on 71 now, even during off hours.
    Definitely agree. Hopefully Missouri will get the ball rolling on their end of it. People on my end complain about driving north in the mornings and south at quitting time. It's usually Walmart traffic but I think it's not too bad now because the majority of office employees are still working from home. It's rare that I drive through Bella Vista but those lights do take forever!!

8. Member
    NWA is one of the top places in the US to live. There is so much to see and do and it continues to only get better.

9. Member
    I live in NWA and it’s a beautiful place to live, but I’m worried it’s turning into an Austin, TX if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by WPS456 View Post
    Definitely agree. Hopefully Missouri will get the ball rolling on their end of it. People on my end complain about driving north in the mornings and south at quitting time. It's usually Walmart traffic but I think it's not too bad now because the majority of office employees are still working from home. It's rare that I drive through Bella Vista but those lights do take forever!!
    It is the truck traffic that really screws things up, get a couple of semis side by side at a red light and it really slows things down. Once the bypass is finally complete it will move a lot of that truck traffic off of 71 through Bella Vista.

11. Member
    I have lived up here for 25 yrs. it has grown a ton. The biggest problem I see is the infrastructure is not prepared for the massive growth. They are trying to build roads to keep up, but it won’t ever keep up with the number of people showing up. Also, the lakes are packed. The last two years have been worse than I have ever seen. But you can drive an hour and a half to Tenkiller and it is empty, or an hour to Table Rock and empty.

12. Member
    NWA is one of the top places in the US to live. There is so much to see and do and it continues to only get better.
    shhhhhh....

13. Member
    It's awful here. STAY AWAY! Underneath the facade that Wal-Mart, Tyson, JB Hunt, and all of the other major businesses here create, it's a meth infested dump with a enormous jobless and homeless population... hookers and needles on the streets corners... biker gangs... and... and...

Well, shit. It's nice here. Really nice. One of the best places in the US. Just please, don't California my Arkansas.

Just FYI, been here since 1979. I'm 45 now. I grew up when many of the streets were still dirt, and I know the area like the back of my hand. Of course, we still have some shitty spots but you're not likely to get shot just for walking down the street. We have more lakes than most people know of, and lot more within 2 hours drive that produce some big fish. It's a great place to live but you best hurry because the home prices are getting out of hand.
    Last edited by Cessna152heavy; 04-26-2021 at 07:28 AM. Reason: more words

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cessna152heavy View Post
    It's awful here. STAY AWAY! Underneath the facade that Wal-Mart, Tyson, JB Hunt, and all of the other major businesses here create, it's a meth infested dump with a enormous jobless and homeless population... hookers and needles on the streets corners... biker gangs... and... and...

Well, shit. It's nice here. Really nice. One of the best places in the US. Just please, don't California my Arkansas.

Just FYI, been here since 1979. I'm 45 now. I grew up when many of the streets were still dirt, and I know the area like the back of my hand. Of course, we still have some shitty spots but you're not likely to get shot just for walking down the street. We have more lakes than most people know of, and lot more within 2 hours drive that produce some big fish. It's a great place to live but you best hurry because the home prices are getting out of hand.

I can certainly promise no California beliefs here. And your first paragraph is what I’m trying to leave. Seen a small community garden area in Bentonville. It was amazing how everyone seemed to just travel around with no worries. The stores were also impressive on how clean they were. Our area used to have those qualities, until a storm moved some people that could careless about society in.