Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    To determine if your bunks are the correct height you should be able to pick up the bow with considerable effort and clear the front roller. The roller should only have enough weight on it to keep the boat from bouncing going down the highway.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aj306 View Post
    To determine if your bunks are the correct height you should be able to pick up the bow with considerable effort and clear the front roller. The roller should only have enough weight on it to keep the boat from bouncing going down the highway.
    The more weight you take off the roller, the more weight you put on the bunks though.

3. Member
    A little update so far. Talked to Tim at Phoenix and we have an email chain going with Tami at Marine Master. They want to see a video of me loading the boat to see if we can diagnose the problem if there is one.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

4. Member
    Are these potential issues on new 2021 models as well or has things changed for the better?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Are these potential issues on new 2021 models as well or has things changed for the better?
    Looks to be worse for some then others. I’m sure some has to do with sand/debris in the bunk carpet. I know a couple guys I have talked to it seems like we all have our trailers the same depth when loading. When I talked with Tim he said I should be able to have my trailer in several positions in the water and still come over the roller. In my case that doesn’t happen. No matter the ramp I have put my boat in I have to have the trailer in the exact same spot or I can’t get the bow over the roller. When I do I feel like I’m power loading more than should be. That’s why I’m keeping everyone updated in case it’s a trailer issue or isolated case.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

I've enjoyed the posts as most are spot on as I have experienced the same exact thing with my boat and trailer. There def is a sweet spot which is unfotunate when at a busy ramp and you have someone not exactly familiar with your boat trying to get it just right in the water as I frantically wave my arms around. LOL
    I am also not a huge fan of this gatorhyde trailer as the black now seems to be fading. Marine Master made my last trailer when I had a triton and it seemed to be a much better trailer and loaded much easier.

And by the way I always look real professional when I dont get that sweet spot and the bow goes under the roller!!!! Makes me mad as heck! Good luck with your boat as its a shame we pay so much for them to have these issues.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman28 View Post
    I've enjoyed the posts as most are spot on as I have experienced the same exact thing with my boat and trailer. There def is a sweet spot which is unfotunate when at a busy ramp and you have someone not exactly familiar with your boat trying to get it just right in the water as I frantically wave my arms around. LOL
    I am also not a huge fan of this gatorhyde trailer as the black now seems to be fading. Marine Master made my last trailer when I had a triton and it seemed to be a much better trailer and loaded much easier.

And by the way I always look real professional when I dont get that sweet spot and the bow goes under the roller!!!! Makes me mad as heck! Good luck with your boat as its a shame we pay so much for them to have these issues.
    Hahahaha it does suck at busy ramps. Was in that situation at lake fork a couple weeks ago lol. I also take it you have the same bunk scratches too??? I still think we all have a slight trailer issue. I’ll be sending them videos of loading my boat on Tuesday or Wednesday. When I hear back I’ll post the updated responses. Thanks for a great community and responses fishing friends.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

8. Member
    This is a problem on any bass boat with carpeted bunks. I don't know why they use carpet on bunks, between holding debris to scratch hulls and holding water that eventually causes blisters on those who frequently use their boats where the bunks never fully dry. I put on gatorbaks on my current boat the first time it came off the trailer for break in and would never go back to carpet. 4 years in and the original wood is like brand new, not a scratch nor a blister in sight.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Fish View Post
    This is a problem on any bass boat with carpeted bunks. I don't know why they use carpet on bunks, between holding debris to scratch hulls and holding water that eventually causes blisters on those who frequently use their boats where the bunks never fully dry. I put on gatorbaks on my current boat the first time it came off the trailer for break in and would never go back to carpet. 4 years in and the original wood is like brand new, not a scratch nor a blister in sight.
    I guess nothing has imbedded in the gatorbaks to cause scratches then? May be the route I go. But I came from a black hull skeeter and never had this issue. Not to mention this bad this quick. I’ll see what Phoenix and marine master come up with and let you know. Thanks for the input.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    I guess nothing has imbedded in the gatorbaks to cause scratches then? May be the route I go. But I came from a black hull skeeter and never had this issue. Not to mention this bad this quick. I’ll see what Phoenix and marine master come up with and let you know. Thanks for the input.
    My previous rig had a black hull and carpeted bunks and looked similar. Its from sand and debris on the carpet. I jacked the boat off the trailer after the first year to inspect the hull that sits on the gators. Looked and felt like new, huge difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123