Dobyns Champion XP Runner Size?

I've got a buddy who lost a runner on a Dobyns Champion XP (believe it's the crankbait series, though I think the whole series is consistent) and with all of the issues shipping rods lately, he'd rather not risk sending it back to Dobyns for repair so asked me if I'd be willing to replace the guide for him. I know the guides are black Alconites which are discontinued, but fortunately still easy enough to get hold of. The problem is that not having the rod in hand I'm not sure what size the runners are. Of course I want to make sure to match the size on them, and I'd like to get the guide ordered so I can do it quickly when I get hold of the rod, plus I've got another order ready to go so I can just include the guide for his repair in that order to avoid extra shipping.

Does anybody happen to know what size runners this series of rods has on it? I'm guessing they're size 5 and I'll likely grab both a 5 and 5.5 just to try to be safe, but if anyone happens to know for sure it'd be incredibly helpful to make sure I've got what I need to do the repair.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

2. Member
    Not sure on the size but I have just called them when I've had guide issues. Just told them which guide (counted from one end or the other) and they sent it for free.

3. Member
    Dobyns normally will send you one if you call them

4. Member
    Why can't your buddy measure the guide? He could also tell you which one, he should at least have that much skin in the game.

5. Member
    Have one in the shop right now. The runners are size 5

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonplugger1 View Post
    Why can't your buddy measure the guide? He could also tell you which one, he should at least have that much skin in the game.
    I asked him to measure it, the best he could do was to see it was less than 1/4”. He’s going to pay me for it, so it’s not like I’m going to be out if it doesn’t work. Just trying to help out a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
    Have one in the shop right now. The runners are size 5
    Perfect. Thank you sir!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

7. Member
    This the full line up of the guides on the Doybns CB 12-10-8-8-6-6-6-5-5-5. 6-tip top

8. Member
    I've got some black size 5 Alconites if you need one. Both K and BLAG. Shoot me a PM with your address.