Thread: Nikon d 7100

Nikon d 7100

I have a Nikon D 7100, and it was bought a year after it came out, with an original Nikon battery and a compatible reserve battery which goes in my battery grip on the bottom of my camera. My question is this. My shutter button when I press it down, seems to be very slow or shall I say I have to push it down further with my finger to trip the shutter. When I recharged the battery, it seemed fine for about 10 shots, and then it got slow again. Is this a battery problem, because they are old(older) or is this a camera problem. Thank You for any help in advance

2. Member
    I would check the newly charged battery with a voltmeter to see the reading. Then take 10 or so shots until the shutter button seems to have a slower response. Then check the battery for it's current voltage. I had a 7100 till it kissed the cement garage floor a few years ago. It was about the same time the 7200 came out. I have never had my shutter button on either camera act up like yours. You may want to call Nikon and ask them for their opinion. Good luck!

3. Member
    Thank You for the reply I will look into it.

4. Member
    I ask the stupid question, did you check your shutter speed etc.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    I ask the stupid question, did you check your shutter speed etc.
    That's first thing that came to mind..........
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio