Anyone been on Lake Maitland

I'm going down this week to take out some old friends of mine. None of them are too serious about fishing but we'd like to get on some fish. Anyone fish it before? All i know of it is what i see on Google earth. I'm not going to jack up spots or share info. Im only going to be down there for a day.

2. Member
    The chain has been fishing pretty well. Maitland is real clear right now. Last time I was out there osceola and virginia had some tint to it. Minnehaha is always stained. Most of the lakes in the chain have lots and lots of grass. Maitland is probably the worst. The canals between some of the lakes are extremely narrow and wind like a snake. You get halfway down and a pontoon boats coming through the other way, your up shitts creek. Read the signs at the canals between maitland, osceola, and virginia. Try to follow the tour boats through, you'll be glad you did. Maitland tends to have the most boat traffic. Also you will need a pass to have access to the lakes.
    2016 Skeeter ZX225. 2016 Yamaha 225SHO
    99 Hells Bay Whipray. 99 Mercury 40

3. Member
    You need a pass, but I have been fishing it since 2006 and have never bought a pass. Have not been stopped by the law out there. Maybe I am lucky. Some decent fish in there, have fun. Just be careful of the canals like above. Typically, I only go through the canals during the week and follow a tour boat.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66