Tow vehicle to AVX trailer connector ?

Hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend!!
    My new AVX 181 will be arriving in the next couple weeks. I want to confirm the trailer electrical connection so my vehicle has the correct plug. My understanding is the AVX trailers have a Bargman 7 way round connector. I believe it is a 7 way “blade” connector, not a pin connector. Can anyone confirm that ?
    Also, my vehicle has a 4 flat pin connector. Has anyone used one of the 4 flat to 7 round adapters on their tow
    vehicle ? I realize with a 4-7 adapter, the backup lights connection must be wired separately.
    Any input will be appreciated !
    Thanks !!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunted View Post
    Hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend!!
    My new AVX 181 will be arriving in the next couple weeks. I want to confirm the trailer electrical connection so my vehicle has the correct plug. My understanding is the AVX trailers have a Bargman 7 way round connector. I believe it is a 7 way “blade” connector, not a pin connector. Can anyone confirm that ?
    Also, my vehicle has a 4 flat pin connector. Has anyone used one of the 4 flat to 7 round adapters on their tow
    vehicle ? I realize with a 4-7 adapter, the backup lights connection must be wired separately.
    Any input will be appreciated !
    Thanks !!
    I was in a similar situation when I purchased my boat, I ended up going to a hitch shop and got a professional installation for that 7 way connector plug to work properly.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

3. Member
    I highly recommend doing the same as Lou22 suggested. Go to a reliable trailer hitch store (I used LineX) and have them install a 7-PIN connector. I had them install one that had a 4-PIN connector as well in case I needed one in the future.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 04-03-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

4. Member
    I used a 4 to 7 converter on old tow vehicle. Worked awesome. I had to run a wire and tap into the back up lights. EZ PZ. Go to ETrailer.com they have everything you need. The install video was very good.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance