Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Day of the year or day of the week doesn’t have anything to do with it. I’m just absolutely sick of guys trying to provide useful information to consider and then some jackwad starts yapping “prove it”.

Evinrude doors have been closed for nearly a year so, no I don’t have any email or excel spreadsheet proof for you. Just trying to help the OP with his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Jig34, Easter is not the day to be a public potty mouth.

2. Member
    They missed the 4S wave, underpowered for Manitou and lost share with Alumacraft after Merc/Yam quit selling to them...China was a convenient excuse to bail and get back in bed with Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I like how they blamed it on the China virus even though the boat industry is booming.

3. Banned
    Jig34, Easter is not the day to be a public potty mouth.
    Quit calling people out Everyone can see what he posted. What are you the play by play guy ?

4. Member
    “Kinks worked out motors” hardly accounted for any dealer inventory. 2020 motor could be old or fixed...absolutely relevant information fir someone looking to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    So they worked out some kinks. Spent big money to make sure it was done right. Sounds like a good thing to me. Not sure how that has ANY bearing on a late production left over model that the OP spoke of. Thanks for your insight.

5. Member
    As someone who just recently got rid of a boat with a G2... I would suggest only purchasing it if the dealer basically gives you the motor for next to nothing. My last boat was only 3 seasons old and after having numerous issues with the boat (not motor) I contacting multiple dealers to trade towards another brand and most dealers only wanted to offer me about half of what my boat cost new.. one dealer offered less than half for trade value. Talk about insulting. The boat was 3 years old with 140 hours on it, but because it had a G2, it wasn’t desired by any dealer. Needless to say I was able to trade it back to the dealer I bought it from.

don’t get me wrong... my current boat has a Merc 4S, although I’ve only been out with it twice.. it doesn’t perform as strongly as the G2. I did love to drive that G2 but financially I wouldn’t recommend it unless it was almost given to you.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    Quit calling people out Everyone can see what he posted. What are you the play by play guy ?
    Pot, meet kettle.
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    As someone who just recently got rid of a boat with a G2... I would suggest only purchasing it if the dealer basically gives you the motor for next to nothing. My last boat was only 3 seasons old and after having numerous issues with the boat (not motor) I contacting multiple dealers to trade towards another brand and most dealers only wanted to offer me about half of what my boat cost new.. one dealer offered less than half for trade value. Talk about insulting. The boat was 3 years old with 140 hours on it, but because it had a G2, it wasn’t desired by any dealer. Needless to say I was able to trade it back to the dealer I bought it from.

don’t get me wrong... my current boat has a Merc 4S, although I’ve only been out with it twice.. it doesn’t perform as strongly as the G2. I did love to drive that G2 but financially I wouldn’t recommend it unless it was almost given to you.
    This is interesting. I get why dealers don't want to give you much for the G2, since they know the industry. But I bet you could have done ok selling it private party to someone who is not in the know and wants a boat in a market that is fairly dry.

8. Banned
    Pot, meet kettle.
    Ok
    Finger pointer then
    Last edited by pa.X19; 04-04-2021 at 06:31 PM.

9. Member
    No way I could do it.

10. Member
    That’d be a hard pass. I just couldn’t make myself do it.

12. Member
    No way I’d buy a boat with a G2 now. BTW, I’ve enjoyed this thread. We need some fire every now and then

13. Member
    Good buddy of mine bought an Alumacraft Competitor 185 CS last year with a 150 Etec HO on it. Takes excellent care of his stuff, winterized the Evinrude way last fall. Was out on Minnetonka yesterday fishing near me, and on his way back to the ramp blew it up. Haven't heard from him what the lead time on a new powerhead will be, but I will circle back to this post when he gets it taken care of, with real world experience on a new powerhead this spring, a year after the shutdown.

I would not buy a boat with an Evinrude on it, not even if they gave me the motor for free. Of the 40 or so guys I know that ran them, only ONE hasn't blown it up. Most of the guys I know that ran them blew multiple powerheads. Some guys are still in the boats with the Evinrudes on them but about 30 have moved on to new rigs with Mercs or Yamahas on them and the rest said they wouldn't buy another Evinrude powered boat even if the deal was too good to pass up. Funny thing is, the one guy that hasn't blown his up is the guy that is the hardest on his equipment, never washes anything, and he has over 1500 hours on it (135 HO).

14. Banned
    I maybe wrong but isn't mercury handling all service and warranty work and parts

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdfisherman1995 View Post
    I maybe wrong but isn't mercury handling all service and warranty work and parts
    No, Mercury is hanging motors on the back of the BRP owned brands, Alumacraft and Manitou pontoons. Warranty and service work is still handled by BRP and the dealers that will still support them after taking a hit on any remaining inventory when BRP closed the doors at Evinrude without warning.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    No, Mercury is hanging motors on the back of the BRP owned brands, Alumacraft and Manitou pontoons. Warranty and service work is still handled by BRP and the dealers that will still support them after taking a hit on any remaining inventory when BRP closed the doors at Evinrude without warning.
    Thanks I totally misread the press release then thanks for clearing that up for me

17. Banned
    Since the business did not go bankrupt, and it was an internal decisions by BRP to cease production of Evinrude products, aren't they required by law to produce X amount of parts/motors over X amount of years to satisfy warranty claims?

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Since the business did not go bankrupt, and it was an internal decisions by BRP to cease production of Evinrude products, aren't they required by law to produce X amount of parts/motors over X amount of years to satisfy warranty claims?
    YES!
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

19. Member
    The problem your going to have is finding a dealer to actually work on them (even ones you bought it from wont touch it). After going through this exact issue and having to drive 3+ hours for service we made the decision to move on to a Merc simply because of the dealer network.

20. Member
    Same. Just had my new ride arrive w a Merc. Worst purchase of my life. After what Evinrude pulled, it would take a lot for me to own again. Steering was a recurring problem, but there were others. Just say no. No discount is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter66 View Post
    Exactly why I got rid of mine...could not have said it better.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast