Thread: Camper Value

Camper Value

We’re looking at a used Class A. It looks to be in very good condition.

Wanted to get a handle on its value. Is there a web site like Kelly Blue Book or NADA that specialized in motor homes, etc.

Thanks,
    DB

2. Member
    Found it on NADA, I just didn’t look hard enough the first time.

3. Member
    Right now campers are like homes in the fact that is a sellers market and they are priced very high and no one seems to want to negotiate. Wife and I had been looking at upgrading out 5th wheel but decided to wait a year or so and see if the prices come back down. A few years back you could normally get about 40% off msrp on most any rv, now you are looking at 15% if you are lucky. Good luck in your search!

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman469 View Post
    Right now campers are like homes in the fact that is a sellers market and they are priced very high and no one seems to want to negotiate. Wife and I had been looking at upgrading out 5th wheel but decided to wait a year or so and see if the prices come back down. A few years back you could normally get about 40% off msrp on most any rv, now you are looking at 15% if you are lucky. Good luck in your search!

40% off MSPR was always unrealistic.

25-30% was. Normal.

Manufacture pricing had increased.

Just had a dealer accidently send me there invoice.

Discount from manufacture to dealer was 29.6% with another 4K taken off for dealWe discount.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

5. Member
    In 2016 when we purchased, I had access to dealer cost on our MH. The MSRP on our MH was $202,793 and dealer cost was $144,852 a 28.57% to dealer discount. We ordered our unit and paid 3% over dealer cost which was a $53,594 discount off MSRP plus delivery and sales tax for where we live in Ohio. All dealers are charged the same for delivery, even thou our dealer was only 1 mile from the factory in Iowa. Delivery was $1250.

Don’t know how your able to get 40% off when our dealer only got 28% +/-.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

6. Member
    Well gentlemen, I do not have the exact figures in front of me, as I said, it was a few years back. I believe that most people at that time got around 25-30% off, which both of you verified in your posts, but the good deals were closer to that 40%. I may be a bit high in my estimation of 40% (many, many beers have been consumed since then! ) and it might have been closer to 35%. Either way the simple fact is that the deals that were available 3-5 years ago are not available today, at least I have not been able to find one in the last 6 months. I would really like to upgrade to a newer slightly larger 5th wheel but I am not willing to pay top dollar. The right deal will come along and then I will take advantage of it. I didn't pay top dollar on my Super Duty either, nor my F150 prior to that, I am patient and wait for the right deal.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469