Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRedd View Post
    Based on other posts it seems Ionic still has stock although that may have changed. I imagine Drewcraft could update on availability.
    yes I have Stock on 20ah,50ah, 100ah, 125ah, and 36v50ah
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    Get Relion. No need for a app with these battery's.
    Looking at the Relion website the batteries are more expensive and only a 3 year return warranty, Impulse/Ionic seems like the better way to go in comparison.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Based on other posts it seems Ionic still has stock although that may have changed. I imagine Drewcraft could update on availability.
    When demand is larger then supply backorders are innevatible. lithiums as well as the Power Pole Charge are one of the hottest things this year seems like. Lithium dealers are all in the same boat as we rely on china.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    When demand is larger then supply backorders are innevatible. lithiums as well as the Power Pole Charge are one of the hottest things this year seems like. Lithium dealers are all in the same boat as we rely on china. you place your orders thinking it will be enough for 2 months and it sells out in 2 weeks, hard to judge demand months ahead. All dealers are trying to do there best..

5. Banned
    Ordered a 50 Ionic from Drew today for my graphs, one of the few that had some in stock to pick from. Eventually I’ll grab a 125 and 2 - 100’s.

It is amazing how China is putting the screws to us, guess that’s what happens when you rely on other countries for product and our country won’t learn a thing from it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Ordered a 50 Ionic from Drew today for my graphs, one of the few that had some in stock to pick from. Eventually I’ll grab a 125 and 2 - 100’s.

It is amazing how China is putting the screws to us, guess that’s what happens when you rely on other countries for product and our country won’t learn a thing from it.
    Smart man!

7. Member
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm not sure I'd use the BT app as I just want to be able to troll for longer periods of time compared to my Group 27 Interstate batteries. Lots of positive reviews on the Ionics but I'm trying to understand if paying $200 more per battery and getting 2 less years of warranty makes sense. As someone posted maybe Impulse doesn't have the reputation yet that Ionic has earned? Open for more opinions before I make any decision.
    Just got back from Lake Erie with my first trip with my Ionic's. I might agree with the fact that your not sure if you'd use the BT app however if you truly care about the health of your batteries it's a fabulous tool. Trolled all day with my 3 Ionic's 100AH and at the end of the day the app showed 87% battery life left on my trolling motor batteries. Also when done trolling looked at the app for my 125AH house battery and was amazed at the power left after running my livewell, electronics and how much it charged with the outboard after driving back into the landing. It really gives you a feel for what's going on with your batteries. I can't say anything bad about Impulse but am super impressed with my Ionoic's. As well, I bought the package and was taken back by the very competitive package/BBC pricing. Some great engineering with Ionic's BMS board and features for sure. I ordered them and got the 8 year warranty between order date and shipment so they only had 6 years to this prior. On the other hand my previous Interstate AGM's had a 3 year warranty. Most warranty issues happen in the first 25% of the warranty time. 8 or 10 year isn't going to make that much difference. It's like cars, extended warranties are a huge money maker because if it lasts 3 years chances are good nothing else will break for the next 10.
    Last edited by DavidAnderson; 04-08-2021 at 12:39 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidAnderson View Post
    Just got back from Lake Erie with my first trip with my Ionic's. I might agree with the fact that your not sure if you'd use the BT app however if you truly care about the health of your batteries it's a fabulous tool. Trolled all day with my 3 Ionic's 100AH and at the end of the day the app showed 87% battery life left on my trolling motor batteries. Also when done trolling looked at the app for my 125AH house battery and was amazed at the power left after running my livewell, electronics and how much it charged with the outboard after driving back into the landing. It really gives you a feel for what's going on with your batteries. I can't say anything bad about Impulse but am super impressed with my Ionoic's. As well, I bought the package and was taken back by the package/BBC pricing. Some great engineering with Ionic's BMS board and features for sure. I ordered them and got the 8 year warranty between order date and shipment so they only had 6 years to this prior. On the other hand my previous Interstate AGM's had a 3 year warranty. Most warranty issues happen in the first 25% of the warranty time. 8 or 10 year isn't going to make that much difference. It's like cars, extended warranties are a huge money maker because if it lasts 3 years chances are good nothing else will break for the next 10.
    If you didn't have the BT app isn't there another "device" you could use to check the SOC in your batteries? Not ruling out Ionics by any means especially with the positive reviews here on BBC but, Impulse is less $$ and a longer warranty and I haven't seen any negative reviews.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If you didn't have the BT app isn't there another "device" you could use to check the SOC in your batteries? Not ruling out Ionics by any means especially with the positive reviews here on BBC but, Impulse is less $$ and a longer warranty and I haven't seen any negative reviews.
    there are many aftermarket battery monitors on the market ranging from 40 dollars on up to , the victron would be on the high end of that. If you do need the bluetooth app our impulse platinum line will all feature bluetooth with the free impulse app for easy monitoring. Availability on the platinum line including the 100ah platinum, the 60ah platinum, and the 120ah dedicated cranking platinum will be landing in June. all backed by our hassle free 10 year non prorated warranty.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    there are many aftermarket battery monitors on the market ranging from 40 dollars on up to , the victron would be on the high end of that. If you do need the bluetooth app our impulse platinum line will all feature bluetooth with the free impulse app for easy monitoring. Availability on the platinum line including the 100ah platinum, the 60ah platinum, and the 120ah dedicated cranking platinum will be landing in June. all backed by our hassle free 10 year non prorated warranty.
    This is one of the lithiums i been looking at. Im needing a house battery, my thought is the 120amp cranker but use as a dedicated house battery. Then if my big northstar goes bad and mercury ever gets onboard with lithums i could convert the lithum over to cranking as well.

Question though. I am not interested in the powerpole charge. Will these lithiums run my electronics without a charge from the engine throughout the day? Luckily i have time to wait. I been researching and reading on all the brands. Impulse has some interest on my part simply because of the warranty.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

11. Member
    Can someone answer a pretty basic question for me? Why would someone get 2 12v 50ah batteries instead of getting one 24v 50ah to power their 24v TM? Does the addition of the second battery increase the capacity even though it takes two to create a 24v system?

Thanks for the help.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duncanh55 View Post
    Can someone answer a pretty basic question for me? Why would someone get 2 12v 50ah batteries instead of getting one 24v 50ah to power their 24v TM? Does the addition of the second battery increase the capacity even though it takes two to create a 24v system?

Thanks for the help.
    Easier to charge 2X12 volt batteries than 1X24 volt battery. The outboard motor can do it via a Yandina Trollbridge. 24 volt charger not needed.

In the event of a 12 volt cranking battery failing, one of the two 12 volt batteries can take its place.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    Easier to charge 2X12 volt batteries than 1X24 volt battery. The outboard motor can do it via a Yandina Trollbridge. 24 volt charger not needed.

In the event of a 12 volt cranking battery failing, one of the two 12 volt batteries can take its place.
    so, extra expense but worth it if something goes wrong with one. got it. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post

Question though. I am not interested in the powerpole charge. Will these lithiums run my electronics without a charge from the engine throughout the day? Luckily i have time to wait. I been researching and reading on all the brands. Impulse has some interest on my part simply because of the warranty.
    Depends on how many amps your electronics are drawing. If you required amperage is 10 amps, a 120 ah lithium battery will last you about 10 hours.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    This is one of the lithiums i been looking at. Im needing a house battery, my thought is the 120amp cranker but use as a dedicated house battery. Then if my big northstar goes bad and mercury ever gets onboard with lithums i could convert the lithum over to cranking as well.

if you want to pm me with what you have as far as electronics then i would be happy to convert that to amp draw and calculate how long you could go with our 120 platinum.

16. Member
    The thing that impresses me about the BT app is that it gives you State of Charge(% of charge vs total capacity), battery voltage, charging/discharging amps and watts, battery temperature, number of charge cycles that the battery has been subjected to, and current condition of the battery (any battery will slowly lose it's capacity over time). Using an external device to check the SOC would only be a sensitive volt meter that uses voltage to determine how much juice you have left. Lithium's are more difficult to determine this as they hold their voltage very steady over the discharge cycle vs a lead acid type that can have over 1.5 volt drop over it's fully charged to fully discharged condition.

17. Member
    How is the state of charge for an Ionic battery determined?

18. Member
    I use a Delta Volt fuel cell gauge on my batteries. Mounted the gauge near the dash. It has an LED read out that displays charge and an app for your smart phone that shows percentage and voltage of batteries. I love it. It was only around $100.

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I use a Delta Volt fuel cell gauge on my batteries. Mounted the gauge near the dash. It has an LED read out that displays charge and an app for your smart phone that shows percentage and voltage of batteries. I love it. It was only around $100.
    These work well and at a great price as stated

20. Member
    I don’t know impulse, but let me give you my Ionic/drewtick experience. I have 1 50ah ionic and a 10 amp charger from
    Ionic/drewtick. It’s been flawless for about 5 months working as a house battery dedicated to electronics. 2 weeks ago, the charger wouldn’t work after I came in Thursday evening. Friday at about 3pm I thought about it and emailed about it thinking I’d get an answer the following week. Well, had a response about 6 pm that night. Replied and had a response on Saturday, replied and got an email on Sunday saying a new replacement charger would ship Monday. Rec’d Tuesday. Now, if they work that hard to make a $50 dollar charger right...what won’t they work that hard for? I was a huge fan of ionic before, now I sleep in Ionic footie pajamas.

Wannabe...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast