Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Differences between Ionic & Impulse Lithium Batteries?

Looking at getting 2 100Ah lithium batteries and since there are 2 board sponsors on this site I'm wondering what the differences are between these 2? Ionic is higher priced and Impulse looks to have a longer warranty but it seems like Ionic has more fans/positive reviews. Thanks in advance.

Ionic

3. Member
    I would think that the reason that the Ionic has more positive feedback is simply because Impulse seems to be the new boy on the block here. Time will tell.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Ionic has the bluetooth app that is great. You can find the Ionic 125 amp on sale right now for $50 more than the 100 amp (google search).

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Besides customer service on the Ionic, I believe the main thing on them is there BT app where you can check the state of charge on the battery at any time, time frame on charging, battery temp and several other things related to battery. Ionic has an 8 yr warranty.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    The Ionics app is the cats meow. Very impressive.

Great customer support as well. I have written and called them several times with newbie questions. They respond right away and take the time to explain things.

7. Member
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm not sure I'd use the BT app as I just want to be able to troll for longer periods of time compared to my Group 27 Interstate batteries. Lots of positive reviews on the Ionics but I'm trying to understand if paying $200 more per battery and getting 2 less years of warranty makes sense. As someone posted maybe Impulse doesn't have the reputation yet that Ionic has earned? Open for more opinions before I make any decision.

Call Drew. He will answer all your questions and give you recommendations. You may not need 100ah, might be able to use 50ah, depending on how you fish and what the conditions are.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

9. Member
    Drew and Ionic !

Its the bluetooth and BMS for starting battery.

11. Member
    Can anyone tell me if either of these companies 36 volt model has an issues lasting thru atleast an 8hr fishing day?
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Impulses new platinum line , will feature three models with Bluetooth and the impulse app. A 60ah, a 100 ah, and a 120ah cranking thats been tested on the sho and the 4s pro xs. All will feature grade A+ cells and our 10 year non pro rated warranty. For those not needing bluetooth we will still have our 54 ah and 100 ah featuring grade A cells and the 10 year non prorated warranty. Impulse also uses cylindrical cells in our batteries (far superior and more expensive) vs prismatic like some other brands. Every Impulse battery also goes thru a proprietary case sealing process once in the US before shipping to the customer to assure no water or moisture intrusion (the number one killer of lithium batteries). No other lithium company offers this.
    Our 36 volt is a 40 ah. We do this as we believe in running (2) 36 in parallel. I personally would never recommend one 36 volt in any application. Id be happy to go over anyones needs, if you know me from power poles then youll know we will provide you the very best in customer service.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 12-15-2021 at 06:32 PM.

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyD26 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if either of these companies 36 volt model has an issues lasting thru atleast an 8hr fishing day?
    If it's a 50ah 36v, it's still the same as the 3 single 50ah batteries. Will it last, that all depends on your style of fishing....what batteries do you have now and do they last you all day or do you run them down and before end of day??
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

14. Member
    I went with the impulse lithium’s for a few reasons! Price , warranty and customer service. They replaced my agms . I also have a power pole charge and a ghost. The combination is unstoppable. As for the impulse batts , that 10 yr no bs warranty was the deal maker. No one else offers that and the owner stands behind them . I got mine through Kandkkustomz and did me solid . Ran last weekend for 71/2 hrs in the tm and came back with 95% charge on my batts and took probably and hr to top off. If you don’t have a power pole charge( which I highly recommend) you can get after market blue tooth’ batt charge indicators. Or wait till the impulse comes out with there’s. My power pole charger app does it for me . Another plus. Saved me a few bucks too.

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    I would think that the reason that the Ionic has more positive feedback is simply because Impulse seems to be the new boy on the block here.

16. Member
    Definitely call Andrew (Drewtick), you won't be disappointed! Ionic are GREAT batteries!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dc41 View Post
    I went with the impulse lithium’s for a few reasons! Price , warranty and customer service. They replaced my agms . I also have a power pole charge and a ghost. The combination is unstoppable. As for the impulse batts , that 10 yr no bs warranty was the deal maker. No one else offers that and the owner stands behind them . I got mine through Kandkkustomz and did me solid . Ran last weekend for 71/2 hrs in the tm and came back with 95% charge on my batts and took probably and hr to top off. If you don’t have a power pole charge( which I highly recommend) you can get after market blue tooth’ batt charge indicators. Or wait till the impulse comes out with there’s. My power pole charger app does it for me . Another plus. Saved me a few bucks too.
    Unfortunately it seems Impulse is out of stock for at least 6 weeks, might be too long of a wait for folks who are ready to purchase now.

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRedd View Post
    Unfortunately it seems Impulse is out of stock for at least 6 weeks, might be too long of a wait for folks who are ready to purchase now.
    pretty much most things are out of stock at the moment in the marine industry.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    pretty much most things are out of stock at the moment in the marine industry.
    Based on other posts it seems Ionic still has stock although that may have changed. I imagine Drewcraft could update on availability.

20. Member
    Get Relion. No need for a app with these battery's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast