Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Kickbacks illegal in Florida? That is funny right there.

2. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BaitFL View Post
    So tell me more about "all of the death".

Florida has a nutrient problem and if invasive, exotic plants aren't maintained systems will suffer far worse from not spraying than spraying.
    If you're not on the water to see for yourself, just search around social media at all the pictures and reports.. Manatee's dying at alarming rates, fish/bird populations reduced, lakes/rivers looking like burned mud w/ ZERO vegetation (invasive or otherwise) Toxic algae blooms.. And you use the word "maintained"? What's going on is hardly maintenance. This is a full on scorched earth approach. Outside of the steam boats needing to get supplies up river to the natives, I have no idea what "systems" you believe will "suffer far worse" if we don't keep spraying massive amounts of poison?

3. Banned
    Something like that......
    Trying to see what the new perceptions are. So tell me more about "all of the death". Funny how you want the state to stop using herbicides (ie. poisons) but don't provide one idea of what could/would legitimately, cost effectively, and efficiently replace them. Oh, right...harvesters...
    Florida has a nutrient problem and if invasive, exotic plants aren't maintained systems will suffer far worse from not spraying than spraying.
    That's BS. I can take u to a lake where I used to catch 25 pounds with 5 fish and now u cant buy a bite. I don't know what yall did to Rodman. Rodman used to be LOADED with hydrilla and eel grass but for the last 5 years there hasnt been a sniff of either grasses. Orange Springs used to be nothing but hydrilla and eel grass. Ive been fishing Rodman since the early 80's and this is the most barren Ive seen the place in my entire life time. I remember fishing Loochlosa when the whole lake was one giant mat of hydrilla and we would catch 30 fish a day. Now the place sucks.

Dont even mention Philadelphia point in Kissimmee. Yall completely destroyed that place to the point where it is gone. Yall also managed to completely destroy Grassy Island just below Lemon Point. It is completely gone. I was fishing these areas before any hurricanes touched it and Yall wacked it before any storm touched it. Philadelphia point was eradicated by sprayers 3 years before any storm. Where there used to be lush vegetation is now 1/2 mile of open water. GONE GONE GONE. Yall did in one season what thousands of years of hurricane's couldnt do and that was wipe out entire islands ( not just shorelines ) of grass on Kissimmee.

Not all of Florida's lakes have a nutrient problem as you say but yall still spray them...why? The St Johns, Kissimmee and others do suffer from algae blooms due to high levels of nitrogen and other compounds BUT If the grasses were allowed to grow it would help to decrease excessive amnts of nitrogen and phosphorous but instead yall kill it. Florida's lakes are shallow dish shaped lakes that heat up rather quickly due to a sub tropic climate which promotes aquatic growth. You are just using this as an avenue to line your pockets with cash. I can say this with certainty that the fishing is 10 times worse then it was BEFORE the excessive spraying started. Lake Dexter used to have a pile of grass now its a mud hole. Its as though the theory is to kill the host and in the process you will get rid of the parasite.

If this spray/poison isnt toxic or a carcinogen than why are these guys spraying wearing white haz mat suits in the air boats????
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 04-12-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Preach on Brother Matt, You are 100% correct. I don't see how anyone who is out there fishing cant see the wanton waste and destruction that this stuff does. For Christ sake the sprayers do wear the suits, I've seen them down in Okeechobee 5 abreast spaying the Rim canal. Its a damn shame and it has to stop.

Spanky

5. Member
    Here’s a simple and completely FREE idea for weed control.........Drawdown. Nothing better for a body of water than getting lowered for an extended time frame. Then if you really want to spend money......scrape the muck left behind from all the spraying. Damn why is this so difficult to understand?! It works EVERY time and it’s completely natural. So you piss off some farmers. They’ll pump their water, it’ll be fine.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by perfect-storm View Post
    Here’s a simple and completely FREE idea for weed control.........Drawdown. Nothing better for a body of water than getting lowered for an extended time frame. Then if you really want to spend money......scrape the muck left behind from all the spraying. Damn why is this so difficult to understand?! It works EVERY time and it’s completely natural. So you piss off some farmers. They’ll pump their water, it’ll be fine.
    Hey I agree with ya but your missing the point. By no means am I trying to talk down to ya. The problem with what you stated is that there isn't any money for Applied Aquatics to make in this scenario. I believe the issue is that companies like AA donate large amounts of money to people like Adam Putman for his political campaign and in return they get to secure a giant contract for "exotic weed control". Its like my buddy Mark Roberts said, " as long as your in the business it isn't illegal to make donations to political campaigns".

I mean for gods sake, the county in Palatka is named "Putnam". Don't ya think there are deep family roots in the political system when someone with the same last name as a county "Adam Putnam" is in office? He served as the 11 Commissioner of Agriculture of Fl from 2011 - 2019. A US rep for 5 terms. Is it a coincidence that this spraying took off around the same time???? I cant prove this, BUT somewhere the "dots" have to connect.

7. Banned
    MANAGING OUR LAKES IS NOT ABOUT COMMON SENSE BUT WHO CAN BENEFIT THE MOST BOTH MONATARILLY AND POLITICALLY....SIMPLY PUT!!!!!

8. Member
    I stopped at Jimmys Truck stop on hwy 60 between Lake Wales and Indian Lakes yesterday. There is a sign there advertising for air boat operators. Either business is good or the sprayers are dying off..

9. Member
    Trying to see what the new perceptions are. So tell me more about "all of the death". Funny how you want the state to stop using herbicides (ie. poisons) but don't provide one idea of what could/would legitimately, cost effectively, and efficiently replace them. Oh, right...harvesters...
    That's what I figured, was kind of easy to see.

To answer your Question: Spraying in Moderation is not a Bad Thing. Spraying until Every Blade of Grass is Dead and Brown and the Amount of Muck that has built up on the Bottom(s) from the result of years of killing it, so that Nothing Will Grow and the Oxygen is consumed not by wildlife is INSANE.

Just one example is Lake Woodruff in Volusia County and part of the St Johns River. Prior to, oh about 2010, there was a Ring of Hydrilla that surrounded the edge of the lake out to about 100-300 yards. Within that there was a Huge Eelgrass Flat on the Northeast side, but out away from the bank. Now there is NO POPULATION around that lake and only Wildlife.

You Guys dropped Poison from a Plane in the form of Pellets onto the Hydrilla in an effort to kill it about 2012. It worked.

However in it's place Nature responded by growing what we call Dollar Pads, those pads that are about 2-3" in width, all around the lake again 100-300 yards out. The Fishing Was Fantastic and the Lake was full of Life. Then you guys started Spraying Them. Why? There was plenty of Open Water and Trails all through it. Boat Traffic was not impeded.

Yet the Spraying continued about 3 years until the Lake and Nature could no longer respond. Even the eelgrass flat died.

Now all that Dead Vegetation is laying in a huge Muck Layer on the bottom and the Fishing Sucks. What was a Vibrant Living Lake has been turned into a Death Bowl.

WHY????? For More Money??? How Much is Enough????

You Guys should be in prison for what you have done to our Beautiful Lakes and Waterways.

10. Member
    Don't waste you time or effort with this guy, have had many arguments with him in the past, he just stirs the pot and leaves when everyone calls him out. He is just a paid shill that never leaves his desk, has no idea what the spraying is doing or is just intellectually dishonest (lying out of his ass) to keep the gravy train rolling. We all know the devastation this state has seen from the results of this disgusting onslaught of our once great fisheries.

11. Banned
    Biotech giant Monsanto is being accused of hiring, through third parties, an army of Internet trolls to counter negative comments, while citing positive “ghost-written” pseudo-scientific reports which downplay the potential risks of their products.The documents emerged during pre-trials on 50 lawsuits against Monsanto which were pending in the US District Court in San Francisco. The plaintiffs allege that exposure to the biotech giant’s flagship product, the herbicide Roundup, caused them or their relatives to develop non-Hodgkin lymphoma, while Monsanto concealed the potential risks.
    In March, a judge ruled, despite Monsanto’s objections, that the documents obtained by the plaintiffs could be released. The court papers are being gathered at the website of food-safety whistleblower organization US Right to Know.

12. Member
    Took this pic about a week ago in the barge canal maybe manatees aren’t the only thing dying. That water about says it all.6F4D8169-2A16-4A11-8572-3A1A93A53AA1.jpeg

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Took this pic about a week ago in the barge canal maybe manatees aren’t the only thing dying. That water about says it all.6F4D8169-2A16-4A11-8572-3A1A93A53AA1.jpeg
    Now what would that poor gator do with an abundance of lush green vegetation, crystal clear water, and so much wildlife he would just go nuts trying to figure out what to eat. That would be cruel.

14. Banned
    Its sad to say, but I can see these sprayers getting messed with, boarded, beat up, or even shot at in the near future. Its pathetic what they are doing to our waters, and there gonna be some necks getting snapped once its "enough is enough" to some good ole boys. Jus' sayin'.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post

Better throw Al a coconut or 4 so He can get that on the hide..

Burning 1,000,000 year old Lizards the only way y'all can get your rocks off? I can imagine the commercial now: "Did You know anyone who fished in any lake; pond; shitty parking lot where the STATE™ (corporations are in all CAPS) had sprayed what was advertised as "safe™" anytime after 2008?.. Lawyers are standing by...."

was out on big o yesterday and they were spraying

17. Member
    2016 Z521C Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrat View Post
    was out on big o yesterday and they were spraying
    Roland has lived there his the majority of his life and he doesn't even fish there, he has been coming all the way up to Fellsmere and Stick Marsh. Says the Big O is in bad shape right now.

19. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Take Lake Harris, it gets pounded with every type of “weed control”. Airplanes, boats, pellets, Mother Nature cannot keep up with our destruction! There were no less than 40-50 airboats launching last week on 27 and only 2-3 miles away by Venetian Gardens they’ve put 6 huge pipes full of pellets. That’s just stupid! Oh they have floats around them, no one will destroy their boat hitting a huge pipe!

I think the FWC has been hitting the pipe way too much! And they do this during the spawning season of damned near everything! Fish, birds, reptiles, they all reproduce between December and May yet this is when they spray the most. It’s about $, not the environment. It makes me sick.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12