Advice on securing a travel cover for towing a long distance?

I've never towed a boat with the travel cover on, so don't know how well they stay on. Any extra things you do to ensure it doesn't get damaged or lost?

2. Member
    Only thing I can recommend from doing a fair bit of reading on this is if you're going to haul with a cover often, or far, then you need to put something else along the top cap where the cover makes contact with it. Aurora covers sews in a liner along the first foot or so to the interior of their covers so they don't scuff the heck out of the gelcoat. I've seen guys on here drop their covers off and have a felt liner sewn into the inside edge for the same purpose. Some guys will get a roll of that shipping saran wrap and go around the top cap of their boat several times before throwing the cover on for a long drive, and that apparently works well too.

Other than that, just make sure it's properly rated for or meant for traveling, cinch it down tight, and you should be good to go.

3. Member
    Thanks; I appreciate it. I should have mentioned it's a tin boat; the shipping saran wrap sounds like a good idea.

I've towed mine with the cover on with no problem. I just make sure the straps over the wheel wells don't hang too low that they could get caught in the wheel.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO