My buddy needed a hobby to get him thru COVID times so he got into bourbon pretty serious. He's in several social media groups and one of the Instagram guys gave him a tip. Sent me a text late last night asking me to go along on a bourbon hunt so as to double his buying limit. He heard a local liquor store chain was getting a special delivery of Weller's beyond the standard allotments with the furthest away being 75 minutes. It turned out to be kinda fun racing to the various locations (like a scavenger hunt).

1st store we arrived just before the delivery truck so we had to wait for them to unload and scan them into the system, etc. It wasn't a super secret since others were waiting too. He's pacing around pretty bad. Rumor has it the other store will sell out within an hour. They also had a shipment of Eagle Rare single barrel select so we each got one of those too. Total cost for the two is $88. He's so excited to get to the next place he starts driving with my door still open and I'm not even in the seat.

This is what we're chasing:
PXL_20210331_205333771.jpg

2nd store hasn't received theirs and it could be 3-4 hours. Head for store #3. He gets an idea and calls a lady he knows in the area. She goes and picks up her boyfriend and they get to the 1st store in time to buy their limits. Meet them in a parking to pick up the bottles and reimburse. Rush to store #3 with little hope. But they haven't seen the truck yet and expect it any minute. Go grab a sammich and return 45 minutes later. We both get limits and mine is the last Weller's in the store. Drive back to Bangor where that location is holding them for us because we're on the call list. End result for the day is 8 of each and a couple of daily drinkers on sale.

So why would two grown guys race all over the place for a $50 bottle of bourbon? Well, here's why: https://flaviar.com/wl-weller/weller...xoC5UMQAvD_BwE