Stratos 89- 289FS windshield

Did an act of DUMB, and shattered the port windshield on my 1989 stratos 289FS. Tried google, and left a couple of messages at a couple of sites. Most boat salvage yards are for BIG BOATS.
    Found out who the original manufacturer was for the windshield glass, and contacted them. No luck. They will try to match it; but they will only do it in plexiglass, and need a template. As there is a slight bend in it, kinda hard to do a template. A local glass place said they could do it until we found the slight bend in the glass. Then it was game over.
    I have contacted C&O marine. They have nothing in a walk-through windshield.
    I also posted this in bassboat restoration.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Steve

Look in the bottom corner of either side of the bent glass and the manufacturer may be listed there.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I assume you contacted Taylor Made. https://www.taylormadeproducts.com/w...ass-solutions/
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Try this company:

Custom Mold and Tint
    Phone # 870-367-7083

The previous owner evidently had one made before i bought the boat. Had a sticker on the windshield. 2003 Stratos 20XL Prostar. Hope this helps.

5. Member
    Thanks for the responses. Thanks to the help of a gentleman from a local glass company, found out that the original came from Marine glass specialties, which when you go to their site, connects with Taylor made.
    They said they could reproduce it; but only in plastic.
    I found another thread from a person who used custom mold and tint, who I will be contacting as soon as time permits. I'm retired; but it seems more things pop up that I have to take care of, then when I was still working.

Again. Thanks for the responses. It is appreciated.

Steve