Stevens/ATI shotguns

Anyone have one? Stopped by the gun shop recently and was impressed by the looks of these O/U's coming from Turkey. When I think of Stevens, the first thing that comes to mind is a cheap single shot. With the alloy receivers these look a lot like Ruger Red Labels. Looks, 5 screw-in chokes, and around $500 or less? Seems like a good deal. I esp. like the Schnabel forearm option (just my preference). My Citori is in no danger of being replaced but if was looking to get into skeet or bird hunting I'd have to at least put them on the list.

2. Banned
    I have one in the safe and it's not the greatest in terms of form and function. Would look great on the wall above the fireplace.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    I have one in the safe and it's not the greatest in terms of form and function. Would look great on the wall above the fireplace.
    When you say function, do you mean it doesn't shoulder nicely(I read they're muzzle-heavy). Or does it have mechanical flaws. I'm not expecting fabulous fit and finish in this price range but they still need to work

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    When you say function, do you mean it doesn't shoulder nicely(I read they're muzzle-heavy). Or does it have mechanical flaws. I'm not expecting fabulous fit and finish in this price range but they still need to work
    Shouldered fine. The break was a bit stiff, triggers were a bit stiff, bluing was just ok and I couldn't hit doves with it to save my life. Only other o/u I've handled was an older Citori, so maybe I'm judging it a bit harshly.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Shouldered fine. The break was a bit stiff, triggers were a bit stiff, bluing was just ok and I couldn't hit doves with it to save my life. Only other o/u I've handled was an older Citori, so maybe I'm judging it a bit harshly.
    I'd probably have a hard time taking a step down from the Citori then. It's not like I need it.....it just looks bright and shiny on the shelf.