Place near Chicago suburbs for boat cover repair/modifications

I put a jack plate on my ranger, and now my cover won’t fit

anyone have a recommendation for a cover shop that can add some material to make it fit?

thanks!

Rietesel's Boat Covers in Lakemoor has done good work for me. They extended my cover for a jack plate a few years ago and re-sewed all of the seams. They have a pretty long wait but I think it’s worth it. My boat goes back in late April to have some cover modifications done to better fit my sonar and 360 units.

~Matt Miller
    23’ Phoenix 21 PHX - 250 ProXS

3. Member
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick James View Post
    Rietesel's Boat Covers in Lakemoor has done good work for me. They extended my cover for a jack plate a few years ago and re-sewed all of the seams. They have a pretty long wait but I think it’s worth it. My boat goes back in late April to have some cover modifications done to better fit my sonar and 360 units.

Kastelic canvas has been in Plainfield forever. I have no personal experience with them.

https://www.kasteliccanvas.com/

I don't have a local place to recommend just a suggestion- shop around. I needed a 16" extension on my boat cover and local reputable place quoted me a price of over $600. I had an Amish place in Kentucky do it for $40 and it has been perfect for 3 years now.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon