Thread: Build Time

Build Time

Dropped a cylinder on my Tr-186 last Wednesday and decided to get into a new 18trx. Anybody know what current build time is. Dealer is telling me it will be 12-15 weeks. Going to be rough without a boat for that long let alone if it takes a lot longer than that.

Word from Jerry was there is a shortage in petroleum and this has caused a shortage in gel coat, foam for cushions, etc. Normal build time is 8 weeks so I would say 15 for the safe side. I ordered my boat on 1/28 and it was just completed last week. Waiting for it to load on a truck for delivery!

3. Member
    I was told yesterday that they have stopped accepting orders.Untill they get caught up.

4. Member
    I’ve also been told that there’s going to be an engine shortage due to Merc not being able to get components. I’d bet it’s ECU’s.. I know my employer ordered Tahoe’s in November, the order was cancelled by Chevy due to not being able to get PCM’s. We were told a plant that builds the PCM’s and /or the components for them burned down..
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayc View Post
    I’ve also been told that there’s going to be an engine shortage due to Merc not being able to get components. I’d bet it’s ECU’s.. I know my employer ordered Tahoe’s in November, the order was cancelled by Chevy due to not being able to get PCM’s. We were told a plant that builds the PCM’s and /or the components for them burned down..
    One of the companies that produces the semiconductor's for all electronics did burn down. It will take months , if not at least one year to recover from this issue , including the resin shortage and foam shortage. Most vehicle manufactures are slowing down production or even shutting down for a couple of weeks because of the shortages in components. Be patient It will all come back soon enough, I hope.

6. Member
    Everything is screwed up in the supply chain. My dealer has boats ready to deliver, but are waiting for some components like electronics and trolling motors. What a year!

7. Member
    Ordered a 18TRX on March 4, dealer says they should have it sometime next week. Sooner than I expected!
    Pool 10

8. Member
    Boat is done and I am picking it up Monday morning. So 8 weeks is a lot faster than the 12 to 15 weeks rumors they are spreading!
    Pool 10

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Boat is done and I am picking it up Monday morning. So 8 weeks is a lot faster than the 12 to 15 weeks rumors they are spreading!
    My deposit for my 20 TRX was placed on March 8th. Still not in production. It was a dealer order that I put my name on so who knows how long it was ordered before that. Hopefully mine isn’t too far behind yours. Hope you enjoy.
    2021 Triton 20 TRX Patriot w/ 250 ProXS
    16” HDS Live at console
    12” & 9” HDS Live at Bow
    Ghost, Active Target, Atlas Hydraulic, and 8’ Blades