24v to 36v for Ghost

I'm in the bilge cleaning up and putting down a new transducer with epoxy and I started thinking. I took my lithium cranking battery out and then the two 27's. Those batteries are heavy! When those kick the bucket I was thinking about a 36v lithium for my Ghost. Currently each battery is wired separately and goes to the plug up front. How would one wire a single 36v lithium battery to the Ghost? Would I have to change plugs, wires or both. The current wires are 6 gauge I believe.
    2000 Coral, built before it's time and lacking battery compartment space. That's why I had to go lithium on the cranking/electronics battery. I've got enough room for two lead acid 27's length wise to work with. Or 3 24 perpendicular to that if three 12v lithiums would be a better option.
    Last edited by fsh4fun05; 03-28-2021 at 07:05 PM.
    2000 Viper Coral 202/225 Pro Xs
    Ghost, HDS Lives, etc, etc.

2. Member
    You will only use 2 of your wires. The two that are going to be coming from your trolling battery. You will have to remove the other wires on your existing plug. I think I would go with the 3 12v lithiums if it were me. If your 36v lithium goes out you are dead in the water. If one of your 12v lithium goes out you can remove the dead battery and go the 24v mode on the Ghost.

3. Member
    What Champ said. Lithiums can be put into boat in any direction
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

4. Member
    I would also suggest running new wires from the batteries to the trolling motor. 6 gauge I think is the correct size.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades