Thread: Gunbroker

Gunbroker

Anyone had much experience selling firearms on Gunbroker as a private individual? Any negatives? Is it better to keep it local?

Never sold on Gunbroker, but have purchased several there. As long as you are shipping to a FFL, shouldn’t be any worries.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    Yeah, I've bought twice and it was painless other than adding the cost of the FFL handling.

Before you post anything for sale, find a local FFL that is willing to ship for you (for a fee of course). Some buyers will want the firearm coming from an FFL and you want that option set up. Put it your post that if buyers wants the rifle shipped from an FFL, then add (insert local FFL’s fee) to shipping costs.

I have bought and sold on Gunbroker, and Guns America too. The only hiccups are with FFLs on the buyers end that make up their own rules. Your only responsibility is to make sure you send the firearm to an FFL in another state.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Any local shops that offer consignment? The way demand is here, probably wouldn't have a hard time selling it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin389 View Post
    Any local shops that offer consignment? The way demand is here, probably wouldn't have a hard time selling it.
    Nearest legit shop is like 25 minutes. I'll try to sell locally and then use Gunbroker if it doesn't move.

7. Member
    Have bought and sold many on gunbroker. Never had any issues either way.
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

8. Banned
    I've sold quite a few on Gunbroker and never had an issue, except dealing with the buyer's FFL. I always requested a copy of the FFL and some would refuse to send it, as if it was something special and secret. If you use an FFL to ship, and add those fees in along with shipping, many will pass on your auction.

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Anyone had much experience selling firearms on Gunbroker as a private individual? Any negatives? Is it better to keep it local?
    BP, what are you selling? Here's a web site I'm on.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/

I've bought many guns on Gunbroker but when I sell, I usually post on Northest Shooters.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

a good place to list is on Armslist.com.
    you can list on there in your state and meet face to face.
    i have sold a few like that.