Thread: Vacuum switch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I couldn't find an oem replacement so I got a faria gauge in chesapeak....white face to match my wp gauge....I will eventually replace all gauges with faria.....the system check was 190.00 on Amazon I believe.

2. Member
    Thanks BM, will search around. No luck so far

3. Member
    Thanks Cm, these are the classic series gauges. The Tech series is pretty close and they still have those in stock. Can’t seem to find a classic series tach in decent shape any where online.

4. Member
    I finally changed out the Classic series Tach 0176303 with a Tech series tach 0177107. I definitely fixed the errant check engine light I was having. happy about that and thanks for the help here. First question: I want o confirm the replacement Tach I have is compatible with my engine 1997 Johnson 150 Ocean runner. I wanted also to confirm the pul/rev switch on the back should be pointing at 6. The reason I ask is I took the boat out for a test run and it seems the new Tach is running about 300 rpm low. When I am at cruise and I sync the props between the 2 engines and with a near matched fuel flow the new tach is reading about 300 rpm low. At idle and upwards to1500 rpm or so it seems matched with other engine, but at higher RPMs it seems to read low. Any ideas? a bit stumped
    Thanks

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yes it should be set to 6.

6. Member
    Ok thats good. Is that replacement Tach 0177107 a compatible Tach? Also any ideas why it would read low?
    Thanks

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Is there a Cal pocket on the back? It allows you to calibrate the tach by zeroing the dial. Yes the tachs are interchangeable.

8. Member
    It looks like it just has the selector for 5 or 6. I am not looking at it, but looking at a picture on line, i don't see a CAL pocket?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12