Thread: Maiden voyage

Maiden voyage

Spent the working on the L/U - it had a substantial amount of water in it. I pressure-tested it at 10 PSI, submerged in a tub for redundancy. Everything checked out, so my current suspect is the drain/fill washers.

Anyway... put it back on, filled it up and headed to Pleasant (along with one or two of y'all?). Managed 5 bites on the blade bait, landed 3 keeper smallies. 4/5 bites were in a 20'x30' area. Water temps right around 45. No love for the jerkbait.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

2. Moderator
    But you caught fish.

Glad you got out and caught some.
    I hope you don't have any LU problems.
    I made it out twice so far. Water temp hit 52 Thursday .
    I caught 8 large mouth with a 4 1/4 and two 3 pounders.
    As much as I tried to make them eat the jerkbait, I only got 1 The rest were on a jig.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    As much as I tried to make them eat the jerkbait, I only got 1 The rest were on a jig.
    Getting good ones like that, you gotta go with the flow!

I can’t get a sniff on a jerk bait but they have been eating other baits really well

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    Spent the working on the L/U - it had a substantial amount of water in it. I pressure-tested it at 10 PSI, submerged in a tub for redundancy. Everything checked out, so my current suspect is the drain/fill washers.

Anyway... put it back on, filled it up and headed to Pleasant (along with one or two of y'all?). Managed 5 bites on the blade bait, landed 3 keeper smallies. 4/5 bites were in a 20'x30' area. Water temps right around 45. No love for the jerkbait.
    Oh hey that was you waving. Beat you there! We only got three fish, you saw how early we left and we were only there for about 30 min tops before you got there. One on the Hustler hybrid finesse jig, one on a ned, and one on a regular football jig.

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Glad you got out and caught some.
    I hope you don't have any LU problems.
    I made it out twice so far. Water temp hit 52 Thursday .
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I can’t get a sniff on a jerk bait but they have been eating other baits really well
    Okay good it's not just us, lol. Neither Andrew or I have caught a single jerkbait fish yet this spring. Everywhere we've been they've been pinned to the bottom. Going out all day Friday to a new spot with another friend that should be a lot better for the jerkbait, but has sooo much potential for a jig there too.