Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleach and water mixed 50/50, let it sit then rinse. Did it last week and it worked great.

2. Member
    Awesome from dollar store. Buy 1/2 gallon and spray half in bilge, wait hour or so, rinse with hose. Repeat. You won't believe what the bilge area actually looks like when clean.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drainplug View Post
    Just thinking...has anyone every tried grinding up a couple of dishwasher tabs in hot water and pouring it in and letting it stand for a few hours? I know they work great when you put one in your coffee stained Yetti coffee tumbler.
    For coffee mugs, thermos's etc..........2 heaping table spoons of baking soda and about 1//2 cup of peroxide.........then add BOILING water but do this in the sink becaise it boils over like Mount St Helen and the crud comes up to the surface.

4. Member
    Spray down with a quart of full strength Awesome. Wait about an hour and hose off. May have to repeat if really dirty.

5. Member
    Peroxide mixed with vinegar... works great.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Bleach and water mixed 50/50, let it sit then rinse. Did it last week and it worked great.
    That’s what I used, except I sprayed it on first with a hand sprayer then added a little extra and some water, let tit sit for about 5-10 minutes and then hit what I could reach with a toilet brush then rinsed, looked about like new.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

7. Member
    Pressure washer

8. Member
    Electric pressure washer. strong enough to work, not so strong to damage most items.

If I cant get it with the pressure washer, most likely couldn't see it anyways.

9. Member
    I will use hose at home
    put about 10 gallons of water in bilge

i buy a gallon of degreaser with sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide and pour in

i go to river, ride stop, fish ride etc

come home drain

if working in bilge I pull batteries, remove aluminum bilge plate
    i use pump sprayer and spray straight degreaser

I then use high pressure nozzle on water hose, clean, pull plug
    will respray with degreasers d wash again

10. Member
    I used Purple Power, and a power washer Also engine degreaser. And then flush it all out with a water hose . If you want it to get very clean, you have to get in there and brush and power wash it. Don't try and take the easy way out. Get in there and get it done. You will definitely be happy with the finish job. This drives me nuts when I'm looking at a used Bass boat and the bilge is a dirty greasy oily mess. Keep it clean fellas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12