Bimini Top on versa track

I was looking to put a bimini on my Tracker 190Tx tournament edition, so the wife can have shade while I fish. I wanted to use the versa track that runs around the boat so I would not have to drill. I found the mounts on amazon, but luckily didn't buy them yet. The track is covered on the right side by the console and the strip that covers the steering and throttle cables. Anyone ever been able to work around any of this? Or am I going to be stuck drilling holes in my new boat. I really don't want the top coming past the console and getting in my way. Any other solutions? I just need the back deck covered. Used a beach umbrella last year a few times and it was less than ideal.

2. Banned
    Thought about one on my 175txw until I saw prices guess I will figure out a umbrella she will be happy with.

3. Member
    I bought my 2013 BT PT175TXW used in early 2014 and it had a bimini top already on it. I like that I have the option to use it.
    A few things to consider depending on how big it is and where it is mounted. If you do not keep in mind that it is there you may snag it while casting. So far on mine while using leaning post or standing I have not. The longest casting rods I have used are 7'. Another is depending on the sun and position of the boat doesn't always equal shade for back of the boat or directly under the top. So if doing some serious fishing might not be the answer.
    But on the other hand if you want or need a break from sun for lunch or a cool down it's great. You can position the boat to get good cool shade. But while fishing posting of sun and boat doesn't always equal shade in the back of the boat.

4. Member
    I put one on my PT175 TXW. Yes, the console covers the track on the driver's side. The cable cover hides the track on the rear deck. I put the hinges on the gunnel and the eyes for clipping the straps on the Versatrack. I don't think there is any way around drilling holes to mount th hinges or tracks, if you have them. I notched the aluminum cable cover to fit around the eye on that side. Another modification I did was shortening the height of the bimini for a lower profile. The lower it is, the more shade I get. I can't stand up all the way under it, but I prefer it that way. When sitting, it is awesome. When the sun is roasting and I'm charting, eating lunch, or taking a bit of a snooze, that thing is gold. It's nice if I get caught in the rain as well. I have ordered a new boat and it will have one too. I will be installing tracks for the mounting hinges on this one.
    2021 Gator Trax 21' Strike Series
    Mercury 250 ProXS #3B134663

5. Member
    Thanks everyone for the input, I do like the idea of dropping it down closer to the deck. Hopefully I can get some pics posted of the final product, after the spawn of course.

6. Member
    Hey, brand new to the bass fishing and this message board, I have ordered a 2021 Pro Team 175 TX should be coming in about 4 weeks in the meantime I wanted to pick up a Bimini Top because I need the shade (Doc request) plus live in So.Cal I was looking at the posts about the Versa Track mount on Amazon looks like a good Idea. I know $89 is a lot. Is this a something that worked maybe post pictures?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...JQXN9D49&psc=1
    Last edited by Kennyt; 04-16-2021 at 12:47 PM.

7. Member
    Yea, $89 is a LOT for those. I made my own for about $30/pair and I think they are actually better. Fabricated the block on my table saw, bought the bimini attachment on Amazon and the quick-release online as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP

8. Member
    I have a pro175-TF 2021 and just added a Bimini. I used the versa track came out perfect. I made the brackets so I did not have to drill any holes. I put it forward enough so both butt seats are clear of the top. Folds down just behind the seats.
    Most of all, I can fish from either end of the boat and the Bimini is not an issue, super happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kennyt; 08-06-2021 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Add

9. Member

Block material

What material did you use for the block?

Quote Originally Posted by JS! View Post
    Yea, $89 is a LOT for those. I made my own for about $30/pair and I think they are actually better. Fabricated the block on my table saw, bought the bimini attachment on Amazon and the quick-release online as well.

10. Member
    It's black StarBoard from Tap Plastics.
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP