Thread: 175 pro xs 4s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have 2 12” garmin,garmin force, 2 minn kota raptors, 2 lead acid and 1 agm battery. The front middle box is loaded down pretty good with tackle. But everything else is pretty much empty.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    1. Return engine to correct PTP height: 3.25" is a good starting point if running a Fury.

2. Have a dealer check your hotfoot setup to confirm it is consistently reaching the IDLE position, and that you can reach 100% Demand Linear CONSISTENTLY. This is perhaps the MOST important item- do NOT spend money on props until this is done.
    Once more: Until you have addressed the above items exactly and correctly, you're honestly just trying to swat flies in the dark (with a bamboo stick).

Once those items are confirmed properly- THEN you can proceed to make adjustments to your setup to optimize your performance.

Hate to harp on something, but the above are just THAT important.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    From experience with a new 175 ProXS, have the throttle checked. After the dealer put my engine on it wasn’t running right and I made them put it on the computer to check and it was at 88%. That 12% got me 6MPH. I am running a 23 Fury on an 18 foot Bumblebee. I bet it’s similar.

4. Member
    I had the motor checked today and it’s in fact going to 100%.

5. Member
    Im considering a 22 tempest or 23 trophy small barrel. Any recommendations?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would recommend you stick with the Tempest or Fury lines. Heading into the warmer months you might even be able to run a 21P, based on your originally-stated RPM's (though 22P would probably get you closer to a "single-year-round prop").

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Hydroplane What do you mean by throttle was @ 88% on the computer?? I recently purchased a 2020 Mercury 175 Pro XS and feel like the motor is not reach WOT. I been trying to look for help and figure out the issue thanks.

8. Member
    I think he meant 88% of full throttle, not 100% as it should be which is hindering performance.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Bass_Reilly View Post
    Hydroplane What do you mean by throttle was @ 88% on the computer?? I recently purchased a 2020 Mercury 175 Pro XS and feel like the motor is not reach WOT. I been trying to look for help and figure out the issue thanks.
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum. In an effort to avoid confusion and/or what often becomes "Post Hi-Jacking"- we have a strict "one engine per thread/post" policy.

What the OP meant was that his engine was not reaching 100% Demand Linear (as verified with the G3 Diagnostic System). This is VERY common when a hotfoot is used, and EXTREMELY common when the hotfoot used is more than a couple years old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12