Mega 360 only updating on one side

I have the m360 hooked up to a solix gen 2 -12" mdi unit with a y cable to the mdi built in the ultrex. The system has worked flawlessly for two weeks and today it went out to half the screen updating. When I returned home I worked on it some by removing all of the cables, checking connections, etc. I put the unit in a bucket and changed from mega to 455 mhz and it works correctly. Back to mega and half works.

2. Member
    Most likely the mega piezo is not working on one side of the 360 and will need to go back to HB

3. Member
    I had the same problem last year. Disconnect your y cable and connect the original transducer to your solix then reboot your unit. You might have to do a factory reset in order to tell your Solix that it does not have a mega 360. Now start the Solix and check your side imaging to see if the problem happens now. If it does then the problem is the Solix. If there is no problem with your side imaging then the problem is with the mega 360. When I had the problem I was told to send the 360 back for service. They changed something in the 360 and when it came back the original problem was still there. After sending the Solix in, it was repaired and problem solved. When having the mega 360 connected thru the y cable you are using the 360 for side imaging. Therefore eliminating your 360 from the circuit and reconnecting to your original transducer eliminates everything except the Solix unit.
    2020 Warrior 1890 Tiller 90hp Mercury 4stroke
    Apex 19 Mega si. Solix 1-15 si, Solix 2-15 si, Terova iLink, Mega 360, Mega Live

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies, nothing has solved the problem so far. I guess it's back to humminbird after only being used 3 times. Bummer ..

5. Member
    Well I have to say, this has been a very frustrating week. Humminbird support has generally been very helpful to me in the past. This event has been very different, the phone call went fine but it was above their means so I had to email some info for others to look at. Four days later I get an email asking if the pod is turning lol. I had already went over all of that on the phone multiple times with it in a bucket ( not touching the bottom) of course. Since that email exchange it's been crickets from them . Im kind of at a loss on whether to start this over by calling or waiting days for silly one line responses. At this rate it will take forever to get this fixed.

6. Member
    kybluebullet check your messages
    2020 Warrior 1890 Tiller 90hp Mercury 4stroke
    Apex 19 Mega si. Solix 1-15 si, Solix 2-15 si, Terova iLink, Mega 360, Mega Live

7. Member
    Thanks Phil

8. Member
    Did you ever find out what the issue was? I am having exact same issue as you described.

9. Member
    Got back from a week fishing trip. Thing worked great all 7 days. First time out since then, started doing the half screen thing in the 1st 30 minutes out. Only the 3rd outing with it all year!!!!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by froggin67 View Post
    Did you ever find out what the issue was? I am having exact same issue as you described.
    I do not know what the problem actually was but the unit was sent back to humminbird and the replaced the entire pod. Shipping and all it took about a week.

11. Member
    Thanks man. I have had same issues with mine and have had to send it back 3 different times. They replaced the transducer each time. Great customer service.