Bullet Needs Help

Guys, I've Got A 20xrd, 225x Motor 1 1/2 Above And Installed A 36 Volt Ultrex two Guys 225 & 270) live wells Full And Full Tank Of Fuel, Slow Out Of Hole Running A 26 Bravo , Give Me Some Ideas On Motor Height, Prop And Anything You Can Think Off. Thanks

2. Member
    Speed, RPM, gear ratio, assume a sportsmaster.

If it's single ram trim I'd go with 10 degree wedges and a 26 bullet cut performer

4. Member
    100lbs heavier plus I had a 80lb motorguide but a 28.5 tempest plus was awsome on mine

5. Member
    I've got the same combo, I run a 28 signature eagle at 1.5 above the pad with a 14" plate. 28 lightning ET was best but kept slinging blades. 2.5 engines like smaller diameter props

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mercpromax View Post
    Guys, I've Got A 20xrd, 225x Motor 1 1/2 Above And Installed A 36 Volt Ultrex two Guys 225 & 270) live wells Full And Full Tank Of Fuel, Slow Out Of Hole Running A 26 Bravo , Give Me Some Ideas On Motor Height, Prop And Anything You Can Think Off. Thanks

Why do you have the live wells full?
    Full of fuel and Live wells don't make sense to me. that's a ton of weight.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rock2033 View Post
    Why do you have the live wells full?
    Full of fuel and Live wells don't make sense to me. that's a ton of weight.
    If he's like me, thats how I am when I'm fishing a tournament. Making long runs gotta start out with a full tank of fuel, and hopefully we end up needing the live well full too. I had the same issue when I was running my old 280. I added a foil and 5 degree negative trim wedges and it really improved my hole shot. I just added a foil an negative 5 degree wedges to my new 250R and it made all the difference in the hole shot. Very little bow rise, lays out very nice.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sowenssw View Post
    If he's like me, thats how I am when I'm fishing a tournament. Making long runs gotta start out with a full tank of fuel, and hopefully we end up needing the live well full too. I had the same issue when I was running my old 280. I added a foil and 5 degree negative trim wedges and it really improved my hole shot. I just added a foil an negative 5 degree wedges to my new 250R and it made all the difference in the hole shot. Very little bow rise, lays out very nice.
    lol... i get that but it reads both full... That's 50-60+ gallons of fuel/water. If he's making longs runs, (Like we do) empty the live wells. I guess I don't see the point in both full all the time.
    That's 880+ lbs of gas, water, people before you add tackle, batteries, troller etc. most props will struggle.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

9. Member
    Sorry Guys, Taking Care of The Old Folks, I'm Guessing LW 1/2 Full, Just Debating On Getting A Pro Max Prop, Running Single Since Adding The Fourth Battery It Really Handles Very Well, I Think I'm A Little High ( 1 1/2 Above) Thinking need To Go Down To 1"

10. Member
    Sorry Guys, Taking Care of The Old Folks, I'm Guessing LW 1/2 Full, Just Debating On Getting A Pro Max Prop, Running Single Since Adding The Fourth Battery It Really Handles Very Well, I Think I'm A Little High ( 1 1/2 Above) Thinking need To Go Down To 1"
    I run at 1.25 above but I have 3L. 28 promax is the ticket for me. If we run "heavy", Its 53 gallons, 2 passengers , 40 rods, and a ton of tackle, a lot, ultrex, 4 batteries, and it lifts and runs great. But i don't add water until we catch fish.
    And if we making a heavy long run, I've burned 25-30 gallons of gas before adding water but it still doesn't struggle or bog out of the hole.
    I've had 5 Bullets and ran Pro max props on them all.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

11. Member
    Thanks For The Information, Paul Nichols Says i need A 3.0 But You Know Money Doesn't Grow On Trees !! The Bravo Does Good, Just Want To Do A Little Better With A Partner, I Think I'll Go Ahead On the Promax. Thanks Again, Fished The Delta Back In 74-75 There Is Some Great Fishing Down There !!

12. Member
    Thanks For The Information, Paul Nichols Says i need A 3.0 But You Know Money Doesn't Grow On Trees !! The Bravo Does Good, Just Want To Do A Little Better With A Partner, I Think I'll Go Ahead On the Promax. Thanks Again, Fished The Delta Back In 74-75 There Is Some Great Fishing Down There !!
    I t can be good and it can suck! lol

Try to borrow one before you buy it. Just to be sure
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

13. Member
    I would try the mercury promax. It runs really well on those hulls.
    2024 Phoenix 721 ProXP/ 2024 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Dual 8ft Power-Pole Blades
    Lowrance Electronics

www.phoenixbassboats.com
    www.mercurymarine.com
    www.power-pole.com
    www.freedommarinecenter.com
    www.bassboattech.com

14. Member
    Try bringing you engine down a full inch just to see if that helps. Never had much luck running high with a big load.

15. Member
    I had major hole shot issues too, I'm not a fan but I finally broke down and added a foil, best hole shot I've ever had now. I also added negative 5 degree trim wedges, but the foil is what made the biggest difference.