Thread: Ice outs

Ice outs

Been passing by Pleasant in Francestown daily, until the dirt section of PP road turned to poo. It should have gone out 100% on Thursday (launch ate a Boat Buckle on me last year - might want a couple of planks handy). Zephyr in Greenfield needs a few more days. Otter @ Greenfield St park is out 90%, but there's a plug of white ice at the ramp that may need another week, depending on wind and weather. Powdermill pond is out 100% - still some remaining ice in the launch cove, away from the ramp. River level looked high and slow yesterday. Gregg is still locked up, with only a few shoreline openings. I'd bet that the Vo-Tech ramp is open on the river, although some ice may remain in the backwaters. I'm tempted to hitch up and head for the Nashua river. Doubtful there's any ice left in it's headwaters, so the temp may be reasonable. I've got a 93SV and LS in a box... if I'm responsible I'll be installing that instead. Yee-haw, spring came once again:)

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

Thanks for the report
    I think everything in the nashua area has been open for a little while now.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Have seen ice in mass in a few weeks now and the fish are biting big time

4. Member
    I've been envious of the good reports from points south for the last couple of weeks . Gregg and Massasecum run cool, and are regular stops for me - hopefully the wind yesterday did the job. I closed 2020 at Clement - I expect that's still frozen, down in it's hole.

5. Member
    FYI, Otter Lake is out. Gregg 2/3 out - a light breeze will break it up.

6. Member
    Was in Stoddard today, Island pond is still 50% covered, highland launch was open but cant see rest of lake so probably doubtful. Went to camp to clean it up a bit and it was 35 and snowing so I think it will be a few more days..

7. Member
    Hit Gregg for a couple of hours, still a few acres of ice up the top end. Temp 37-39 brrr! Mostly wanted to try out the LS install from yesterday. Thought I had one fish on the blade in 20', but it was knot. https://imgur.com/a/hNxlA2H

8. Member
    that's a great catch....

Webster Lake is wide open
    2012 Ranger Z119 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
    Webster Lake is wide open
    Nice! Deering Res is out. Dam boards aren't in yet, so launch is probably unusable for now.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    Nice! Deering Res is out. Dam boards aren't in yet, so launch is probably unusable for now.
    Yup I heard it's still a little too low to get a big boat launched in there just yet.