Thread: Livewell timers

Livewell timers

Hey guys, I just brought a 2014 Triton 19xs , everything works great, except when I cut the live wells on it all works except when I switch over from manual to the timer . I have replaced the timer with a new one and still doesn't work . Any suggestions that might help me would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Are you waiting long enough for it to come on? When you switch it to timer, sometimes it takes a while for it to come on. They come on for a certain length of time and cut off for a certain length of time and I don’t remember how long each cycle lasts. It depends on “where it is during the off portion of the on/off cycle.” If you wait long enough, it should come on. The only other thing I can think of is it may be a loose wire somewhere. You could use a volt meter to see if there is current when you switch it to timer.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

3. Member
    Yea I would switch it to timer and leave it for the longest time and nothing would happen , I am getting power to the timer ( checked with meter )

4. Member
    What did you replace? I think there is the switch on the dash and also a timer switch?
    1998 Triton TR-20, 2017 Evinrude 150HO

5. Member
    I switched the timer under the dash , the switch in the dash works on manual only when I switch to the timer is when it doesn't work

6. Member
    Maybe the Dash switch is bad? You could use a test lite to see if the switch has power to the timer side. Or swap switches with one that you know that works? possibly the "PUMP OUT SWITCH"
    1998 Triton TR-20, 2017 Evinrude 150HO

7. Member
    I had similar problem. I have split livewells with separate pumps on a single manual/auto livewell recirc switch. Only one side would come on with the timer switch so I figured must be bad pump on that other side of livewell. Bypassed the switch/timer and the pump ran fine. Started tracing wires and found I had a wire slightly pulled loose from the spade plug on the backside of the fuse/breaker panel. I had been pulling new dedicated wiring for graphs so can only assume that I must have pulled against that wire somehow in the process.

May be worth checking if you haven't already.
    Jeff White
    2017 Triton 18TRX
    200 ProXS

8. Member
    I will thanks