Thread: New updates

New updates

Ok I do not see anyone posting news about the new update for the Helix units. I do not plane to use it until I see what it dose.
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

It created some glitches.
    If you use Lakemaster, you may want to wait until the next update.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    When they admit in the description there's a new issue to be corrected in the follow-on release, always good to wait...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    I updated my Helix 12 G4N DI+ due to a previous issue that I was told was fixed in this release. "Added a “Disable MEGA 360 Detection” option in the event that a HELIX unit falsely detected a MEGA 360." I've not been able to test if this actually fixes my issue since I sold the boat I had the units on. Once I bring home my new boat I will test the above fix. I did notice something was odd with the Lakemaster map that might be related to the below but not enough I was bothered with it.

Fixed an issue with Lakemaster Shallow Water and Depth Highlight (Note that this created a follow-up issue that will be fixed in the next release.)

Note, I also have a Helix Mega DI+ G3N but haven't updated it since I got it and the Mega 360 I use with it and I don't plan on updating the Helix 12 SI+ G4N that will come with the new boat unless I have to.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

5. Member
    The only thing I have noticed is the chart goes to auto everytime unit starts even though I have it set to navionics when I shut it down...never did that before...haven't tried my lakemasters charts yet...everything else is working fine
    Helix 9 Mega+ SI G3N ver. 2.750, Helix 9 Mega+ DI G3N ver. 2.750
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv ver. 21.10, LVS 32/GLS 10 ver. 2.58

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    That makes sense why I haven't seen the G2N get the update rollout.
    Unless those models will no longer be supported?
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Are you talking about the 2.440 update? If so what kind of glitches should I be looking out far, I just installed that the other day,

8. Member
    2.44 is the latest update for Helix G3 and G4 models. There was an issue in the software description under General Fixes-Charts

• Fixed an issue with Lakemaster Shallow Water and Depth Highlight (Note that this created a follow-up issue that will be fixed in the next release.)
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

9. Member
    after installing the 2.440 software update to my Helix 10 gn3 with 360, I've lost my DI. Has anyone else experienced this? I still have Sonar and SI but no DI.

10. Member
    Just posted this in the thread about the solix update issues. Should have posted it here for the Helix. Mods feel free to delete one of them if this is to redundant.

My gen 1 Helix 12 crashed last week doing the update ( No loss of power as I set and watched it the entire time). After 15 to 20 min. it shut down and restarted and then went into a continual shutdown restart procedure while I waited on hold. Spent more than an hour on hold waiting for a tech. Battery voltage was a constant 12.8 the entire time. He had me unplug the unit from power to see if that would fix anything. Of course it didn't. Then he informed me the only option was sending it back and pay $320.45 for them to fix it because it's out of warranty. With 4 birds on the boat I think they've cured me of ever doing another update and likely cured me of ever buying another Humminbird if that is how they choose to handle this.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atte1 View Post
    The only thing I have noticed is the chart goes to auto everytime unit starts even though I have it set to navionics when I shut it down...never did that before...haven't tried my lakemasters charts yet...everything else is working fine

Try putting the Navionics card in the other card slot. My unit was doing that same thing and I switched the Navionics card to slot 2 and Smart Strike in slot 1 and it finds the Navionics card on boot up now.

Why is this always the case with HB and their updates?????? They should not release a software update unless it is bullet proof. Seems like they continue to be half ass in regards to this. This is unacceptable to have to "wait and see if there are any bugs created" before being brave enough to install a new update. It should not be this way. This makes me think that there are a many number of issues we all have with these units that are attributed to software issues.

13. Member
    I have to agree about their updates my set up was almost perfect with2.110 . Last two updates I haven’t been able to use the remotes I have on either of my birds .