Help with 203 Trailer Rebuild. Need Specs

Hey guys,

Trailer was totaled in a car accident and the boat somehow flew into the air, landed, slide across the road and only had a few scratches and gel coat dings.

Finally getting the trailer rebuilt. Does anyone have specs or diagram of the trailer the 203 sat on? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Probably going to need more pedigree info such as year model, etc. Single axle or dual...

3. Member
    I would love to know of a trailer manufacturer or builder that has these specs. Mine is ‘99 dual axle 203 folding tongue.

4. Member
    Thank you for the clarification, I wasn't sure if it mattered. Let me know if I missed anything!

Dual axel, disc brakes, folding tongue, 203 millennia edition boat.

5. Member
    It might be worth a call to basscat?? They are making the 203 hybrid that I believe is an exact match of the hull? And they obviously would have the specs and trailers already have been made. Otherwise I've only heard about dropping your boat off at a few other places to custom fit one.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Elite203's idea may work, however Rick had indicated that some minor changes hade to be made to facilitate the wider hulls. Unfortunately all the trailer manufacturers that made them for Champion for the years of the 203 are gone. Might see if Coastline or EZ Loader Customs can build one without your boat, but I wouldn't count on them letting go of any measurements or other specs.

7. Banned
    This company builds both C Channel and tube style trailers... Pricey but they make a great trailer...maybe they can build you one for a 203...Bass Boat - Tennessee Trailers (tntrailer.com)

8. Member
    Those are great looking trailers. I am not ready to go for a new trailer but what price range would a tandem axle C channel trailer?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Elite203's idea may work, however Rick had indicated that some minor changes hade to be made to facilitate the wider hulls. Unfortunately all the trailer manufacturers that made them for Champion for the years of the 203 are gone. Might see if Coastline or EZ Loader Customs can build one without your boat, but I wouldn't count on them letting go of any measurements or other specs.
    Yeah I asked Rick about this and he told me I likely would not be happy with the fit.

10. TJNYSNP
    I am pretty sure that http://www.ezloader.com/ is the company that was the sole owner of DriDoc trailers which is your vintage. They should be able to find the specs for your Champion DriDoc trailer on file.

Let us know if you check into this.

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawkman View Post
    I am pretty sure that http://www.ezloader.com/ is the company that was the sole owner of DriDoc trailers which is your vintage. They should be able to find the specs for your Champion DriDoc trailer on file.

Let us know if you check into this.
    Sorry, no relation between EZ Loader and DriDoc. EZ Loader did purchase and built under the name TI which was the Champion OEM trailer provider until DriDoc started building them in the mid to late 90s.

12. Member
    I’ve got a 2014 ez-loader that was built for my ‘01 203. They have the info you are requesting but I’d be surprised if they’d just openly share it.
    '01 Champion 203 Elite 225 Yamaha Vmax

13. TJNYSNP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Sorry, no relation between EZ Loader and DriDoc. EZ Loader did purchase and built under the name TI which was the Champion OEM trailer provider until DriDoc started building them in the mid to late 90s.
    My 203 2000 clearly shows DriDoc as the trailer brand. ezloader helped me out years back when i had plunger spec questions.. they had them, so not sure TxChamp what you mean..... sorry... went over my head everything you said. I know that ezloader helped me out with my DriDoc. Have a good Easter.

14. Member
    Stay away from the tube frame. Will rust out from the inside. Mine is an aluminum I beam trailer from MCClain Trailer in Houston, TX. Has tandem torsion axles, rear surge disc brakes, folding tongue and steps before and after the fender. Love the trailer! cost $4200 Know your not close, but gives a price range.
    David Disler / Porter TX

15. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    Yeah I asked Rick about this and he told me I likely would not be happy with the fit.
    Was afraid of that ... When mine is ready for replacement, I'll probably look at Coastline or an EZ Loader Aluminum. Coastline is about a 5 1/2hr drive plus Pat's offers up a Redfish trip if you go down there while they have your boat for fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by mohawkman View Post
    My 203 2000 clearly shows DriDoc as the trailer brand. ezloader helped me out years back when i had plunger spec questions.. they had them, so not sure TxChamp what you mean..... sorry... went over my head everything you said. I know that ezloader helped me out with my DriDoc. Have a good Easter.
    I meant Dri Doc and EZ Loader are two different companies. EZ Loader didn't own them. Other than the steel used to build the trailers, they all use UFP axles, hubs, brakes, coupler/actuators, etc. Dri Doc was the first Chinese tube steel trailer I was aware of. They had lots of rust issues and had at least one NHTSA recall. EZ Loader did buy TI Trailers in the late 80s I believe. TI was the OEM trailer for Champion back then. They manufactured trailers under the TI name up through the mid 90s or so before renaming that division to EZ Loader Customs. EZ Loader obviously has good customer service and it's great they helped you out. I would remember them when I got ready for a new one.
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 04-10-2021 at 08:51 AM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DChamp View Post
    Stay away from the tube frame. Will rust out from the inside. Mine is an aluminum I beam trailer from MCClain Trailer in Houston, TX. Has tandem torsion axles, rear surge disc brakes, folding tongue and steps before and after the fender. Love the trailer! cost $4200 Know your not close, but gives a price range.
    How long ago did you have that aluminum trailer built for $4200? I've checked with 2 reputable aluminum trailer builders and both of them have provided quotes of over $8k, one had another $2200 delivery charge on top of it! The other two quotes I received for steel trailers weren't much less if at all. Sign of the times along with lumber pricing nowadays???

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grupp View Post
    Those are great looking trailers. I am not ready to go for a new trailer but what price range would a tandem axle C channel trailer?
    I see you're in Michigan. I had a 2001 203 and had Loadmaster in Port Clinton Ohio make me a trailer. It was well built. Check them out!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    How long ago did you have that aluminum trailer built for $4200? I've checked with 2 reputable aluminum trailer builders and both of them have provided quotes of over $8k, one had another $2200 delivery charge on top of it! The other two quotes I received for steel trailers weren't much less if at all. Sign of the times along with lumber pricing nowadays???
    Yep, prices on everything is crazy high right now. When they come down, it won't be much.
    Champion 206
    250XB