Torque tab adjustment?

How should you set the torque tab on your outboard motor. The one on my 90 Optimax is set to the right quite a bit and the boat tends to pull to the right, although I know that is common because of how the prop rotates, should I adjust it back to center a little to see if that helps? 20210325_181313.jpg

2. Member
    perfect dont touch it,prop looks big for a 90,engine height and prop designs can contribute to torque
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    perfect dont touch it,prop looks big for a 90,engine height and prop designs can contribute to torque
    Ok, the engine has been turned into a 115 hp, the prop is a 23" pitch Turning Point Express and I can easily turn it fast enough to set the RPM alarm off. I am going to lower the jackplate an inch and see if that helps.

How do you adjust/set one if it wasn't present (completely missing, not even flat plate for hydraulic steering motors) when you got the motor? Also, what size is the bolt for it?
    1988 Basscat Pantera 2 / 1988 Mariner 200 #0B348072 / 1986 Mercury Blackmax 200 #0B116913
    US Navy veteran

5. Member
    trailing edge slightly to stbd side
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................