Thread: Panoptix Mount

Panoptix Mount

I ordered a VX21 and will be adding Panoptix. I have seen there is an aluminum mount Vexus has from the factory for the AVX boats for the black box, how do they mount them in the VX boats? Does anyone have pictures or ideas?
    Last edited by jhanson1114; 03-25-2021 at 07:50 PM.

2. Member
    I have a VX 21 on order also and plan to put mine in the port side rod box. I personally don’t like the idea of having it up under the bow panel, I’d rather have in the box where it’s better protected from possible water exposure
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

3. Member
    Water Rating Definition Suitable
    IPX7 Withstands incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes splashes, rain or snow, showering
    The black box has an IPX7 water rating from Garmin. Mine is mounted in the VX20 front opening with no problems.
    2021 VX 20
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    How is it mounted up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelmonkey View Post
    Water Rating Definition Suitable
    IPX7 Withstands incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes splashes, rain or snow, showering
    The black box has an IPX7 water rating from Garmin. Mine is mounted in the VX20 front opening with no problems.

5. Member
    I am out of town for the holiday, will post a pic on Tuesday. Midwest Marine in Harrisonville, Mo installed it.
    2021 VX 20
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Reelmonkey View Post
    I am out of town for the holiday, will post a pic on Tuesday. Midwest Marine in Harrisonville, Mo installed it.